Monday 24 December 2018

Teabag-Beebag Art

Today I made a birthday card for a beekeeping friend, with a grungy brown colour scheme.

I began by stamping a bee image onto a teabag which I had dried, emptied and ironed.

01 Stamping the Bee on the Teabag

02 Bee Stamped on Teabag

Later, I redid this, using black archival ink, because the sepia didn’t stand out enough.

I inked a piece of scrim mesh with Pumice Stone Distress Stain.

03 Inking the Mesh

I took a piece of A4 cardstock for the card base and folded it in half, and inked it lightly with Pumice Stone and Frayed Burlap Distress inks, after which I spattered it with water and blotted it off.

04 Inking the Card Base

The edges were distressed with Tea Dye Distress Ink.

05 Distressing the Card Base

I tore a piece of hand-made paper along a ruler to make it the size I wanted, and distressed the edges with Tea Dye and Vintage Photo Distress Inks.

06 Distressing the Hand-Made Paper

Again using Pumice Stone and Frayed Burlap Distress Inks, I distressed a piece of printed card, which I have place on top of the original to show the difference.

07 Inking and Distressing the Patterned Paper

Assembling the card topper. I stuck the printed paper down onto the hand-made paper with double-sided tape, and the mesh was adhered with spray adhesive.

08 Assembling the Card Topper

I used the same spray adhesive to attach a small piece of gold punchinella.

09 Attaching the Punchinella

Completing the card topper. I spattered the back papers with white acrylic paint, and attached the replacement teabag, which I had also spattered with white acrylic. The text was written with permanent black pens.

10 The Topper Completed

The completed card, with a couple of gold peel-offs.

11 Completed Card

2 comments:

  1. Totally cool, Shoshi, I love it! I'm just popping in to wish you Happy Boxing Day in case you don't make it to WOYWW, but I'll check again later. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello again, Shoshi! Just to answer your question about the Sidekick - it's a mini desktop version of the Big Shot - perfect for those small dies and doesn't take up much space. I've come to realise that most craft tools complement each other so I don't have to choose one or the other - I can have both LOL! All part of the game! Hope you're enjoying the post-Christmas pre-New-Year's period!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They are much appreciated. Spammers, please be aware that I read and moderate ALL comments, and yours will be deleted before publication, so please don't bother!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...