Saturday 24 May 2014

Teabag Art–Zentangle Thank You Card

Today I made a thank you card using one of the stains left by a drying teabag on watercolour paper. Using a fine Faber-Castell sepia PITT art pen I added a few zentangles, following the shapes of the stain, added an aura around the whole thing, cut it out and mounted it on foam pads on a piece of white card. To finish this off, I added a line with the sepia pen, 1/16 inch from the edge. I matted this onto a white base card which I had first distressed using Tea Dye Distress Ink and an Inkylicious Ink Duster, and stamped the sentiment using one of the stamps from the Stampin’ Up set “Lots of Thanks.”

The finished card is A5 size, and I repeated the sentiment stamp on the inside.

Zentangle Teabag Stain Thank You Card

Here is a detail of the zentangle.

Zentangle Teabag Stain Thank You Card Detail

5 comments:

  1. This is magical, Shoshi!! It really draws you in! Happy Anniversary to you and your Mister and many, many more!! (Did he remember this year?!) Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card. Nice to see your zentangles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely.
    What width of pen nib do you use? You always seem to have such fine delicate lines
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shoshi, I am one of your mostly quiet blog followers, but I really admire your work. A friend of mine is starting a new challenge and is looking for DT members - check it out, if you are interested and tell her I sent you if you decide to give it a try.
    http://themixedmediacardchallenge.blogspot.com/2014/05/the-mixed-media-card-challenge-design-team-call.html

    Hugs, Cornelia

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks great. I've thrown teabags to dry on fabric, but not on paper/card - must get around to that as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They are much appreciated. Spammers, please be aware that I read and moderate ALL comments, and yours will be deleted before publication, so please don't bother!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...