Wednesday 17 September 2014

WOYWW 276

For details of how to join in the world’s most famous nosey fest, please click on the WOYWW logo in my sidebar, which will take you to our hostess Julia’s blog, where all will be explained.

I’ve actually managed to do a bit this week in my ARTHaven, but not a lot, because I’ve had quite a bit to deal with lately (see my previous post) and as a result I am quite exhausted. Mum is away at my sister’s for ten days to give my hubby and me a break, and we are trying to take some trips and enjoy a holiday at home in her absence.

Here’s my desk this week.

WOYWW 276

For several weeks now, I have been intrigued by Angela’s masterboards, and at last have managed to start making one! I shall be blogging about it soon. It is not finished yet. I have just ironed off the clear embossing that I used as a resist.

Underneath you can see a couple of pieces of paper. These were the sheets I used to iron off the embossing. They are both interesting enough to do some inking on and maybe do something with.

You can see some archival and distress inks that were used to make it, and also the roll of baking parchment I used when ironing off the embossing powder onto another sheet of paper. Dare I mention the dreaded pot of dirty water yet again? It’s now become such a permanent fixture on my desk that I am actually feeling quite reluctant to empty it!! You can see that I have put away quite a lot of my gel mediums, to make room for the A3 sheet for the masterboard, but that doesn’t mean the rest of my ARTHaven is tidy, because it isn’t.

While I’ve been resting on the recliner this week, I’ve been going through my blog and replacing some of the photos on the earliest posts that had got corrupted, and also started creating some new Pinterest boards of my own work. I will eventually put links to these on my blog, but all the images will link back to my blog. I thought it might increase exposure of my blog, and it’s also quite a quick way of searching for things rather than trawling through the blog archive or labels. It’s turning out to be a really fun exercise as I’m getting the chance to look back at a lot of older work and comparing with what I’m doing now, and it’s made me want to revisit some old ideas with the benefit of more recent experience. I just need a whole lot more energy!!!

I’ve been a naughty girl today and ordered some fun stash! I can’t wait for it to come. It’s ages since I’ve bought anything, and as I am not going to any craft shows at the moment, thought I’d treat myself online. I am in serious need of some retail therapy to cheer me up after everything that’s been happening. I’ve ordered a few stamps and stencils and one or two other bits and pieces, and most exciting of all, the new We R Memory Keepers envelope punch board. Having Pinteressed it (new verb!) I have discovered there are endless things you can make with this, and with Christmas coming I thought I’d make up a few little gift boxes etc.

Blog posts will be upcoming about most of this stuff, so Watch This Space.

Have a great creative week, everybody.

14 comments:

  1. Hullo Shoshi ah more stampboard.. it is very nice thus far.. well done indeed.. and online shopping is all I do basically as no shows here in town and too far to travel to where they are held..would love to go to one again, been to two.
    .. nothing like hands on go and see, so much more fun, plus see things just out..

    Oh and yes wouldn't mind one of those envelope thingys too... :D happy WOYWW Shaz in Oz.x # no number yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I have the same ailments as you, reflux, anaemia....know how you feel. I know what ingredients make me reflux when i sleep now and I usually sleep with a few pillow when I eat them and that seems to fix the reflux. Hope they help you deal with it, you have too much on your plate with everything happening so the old system is breaking down....keep well
    Bridget #1

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Shoshi, I feel excitement in your voice, I think Mr Mojo is back Lol!
    I can't wait to see how you get on with the Masterboards, you are definitely understanding the route to producing lots of these in one go. Every bit of paper can lead to the next and the next, before you know where you are you will have tons to work with and they are all your own designs.
    I feel very proud that I have been of help, if only a little in getting Mr Mojo to return.
    I look forward to seeing all your new goodies too.
    Happy crafting, Angela x 35

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shoshi, sorry to read that you have not been feeling so well. Just had a look at your last post- I suppose the depression is totally understandable really, a heart attack is quite a serious reminder of our mortality. It sounds like you are starting to edge back to being yourself, just treat yourself gently and go with the flow. Thanks for all the good wishes, they really worked! Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #26 xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very interesting and creative (must look up more about masterboards). Thanks for sharing. Hope you have a great day and a lovely crafting week to come. Hazel, WOYWW #47 x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not participating this week but just checked your blog and hope you re getting better.
    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your masterboard looks extremely interesting and I shall look forward to seeing it progress into something beautiful! I hope you and hubby enjoy your ten days to yourselves, the weather is still warm and fairly summery here (just as I like it - not so hot that you can't do anything!) so I hope it's good where you are and get to relax and re-charge those batteries of yours!
    Take care and have a good week,
    Diana x

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! Sounds like a lot of work. But what beautiful results. You will love the punch board, I love mine! I use it for my cards, but also for penpal letters. Enjoy the day! Winnie #36

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Shoshi just read your previous post - and you certainly are having a time of it. Glad you and DH are getting a break at the moment. My mum doesn't live with me or that near but she is so stubborn about getting things done and visiting GP etc, very frustrating. My Aunt who is Mum's sister and is 89 lives nearby and I find it quite a strain at times. She won't do what would make her life easier/ better either. That combined with own health issues etc can make life a trial at times. Glad you are crafting and like your masterboard - I lke doing them. Anne x #32

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you've treated yourself to some new goodies to play with, and that you're having a few days break. Mum lives with us, and I appreciate how tiring and stressful it can be, no matter how much you love them. Enjoy! Chris # 29

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good for you to treat yourself to some stash! Please let us have a peep when the stuff arrives. That punch board sounds very interesting.
    Hope you have alovely break.
    Thank you for letting me look over your shoulder.
    Lisca#45

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh there's nothing like an armful of goodies to cheer a person! I am sorry you've had so many health worries.Gee it puts a dampener on life doesn't it?
    I am just going to get started on some Christmas cards. I haven't made any cards for AGES!!I'm very rusty.Have to find all my gear first!
    Hope you have a better week this week.
    Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad to hear you got some time off to relax and create!
    Happy WOYWW!
    Tertia #38

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice to hear you've been back in your craft room, and glad you're feeling a bit better.
    Look forward to seeing your new stash & what you do with it!
    Debs x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They are much appreciated. Spammers, please be aware that I read and moderate ALL comments, and yours will be deleted before publication, so please don't bother!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...