Tuesday 27 March 2018

Floral Mini-Album Pt 3 Starting on the Pages

Recently I made a new mini-album, about my mum who died in December. I was unable to publish anything about this until now because it is a present for her best friend, who sometimes visits my blog, and I wanted it to be a surprise for her. I wrote a series of blog posts as I did each stage of the project, so I didn’t forget what I did, and they will be published in sequence now the project is finished and has been given to our friend.

If you want to see the finished project, please click here.

A little more progress has been made on the mini-album.

I have stuck the hidden hinge element into the spine of the book.

020 Hidden Hinge System Attached

Adding papers to the inside front cover and the first page. These papers are from the paper stack that has been in my stash for more years than I care to remember. I cut off a triangle from the larger piece and clipped the corners a little, so it could be slipped just inside the triangular pocket with nothing showing. I stuck the piece I’d cut off onto the triangular pocket. If I’d thought ahead a bit more, I would have covered the page first, before adding the pocket.

021 Inside of Cover & Page 1 Mats

Turning the page, the double page spread is the twin pages with the flaps held closed by magnets. I chose a couple of pieces from one of my Tim Holtz paper stacks (can’t remember which one – all the sheets are mixed up now!).

022 Pages 2 & 3 Flap Mats

To go under the flaps, and to show towards the spine in the centre, I decided to create a couple of backgrounds using my new Distress Oxide inks – I actually got these several months ago but had no opportunity to try them out, so this was by way of an experiment as well. I am delighted with them – gorgeous smoochy colours and they blend beautifully. These were the first two backgrounds I created.

023 Pages 2 & 3 Distress Oxide Mats

The next day I made two more, and I am happier with these ones, as I built up the layers a bit better with a little more practice.

024 Pages 2 & 3 Distress Oxide Matss 2nd Set

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They are much appreciated. Spammers, please be aware that I read and moderate ALL comments, and yours will be deleted before publication, so please don't bother!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...