Wednesday 12 October 2011

WOYWW 123

Thank you Julia for organising another opportunity for us all to see “What’s On Your Workdesk Wednesday” – see the link in my sidebar to get involved. How quickly the weeks go by! I can’t believe this is the 14th week since I joined this blog hop!

This is my ARTHaven this week. I am still working on the stuff for our upcoming exhibition and sale at our local church. The man who’s organising it is coming for my stuff tomorrow afternoon and I’ve still got lots to do! I was hoping to do some altered boxes but so far have only managed one – you can see it just to the left of my radio if you look closely – it’s a little pink one with roses on top. I’ve already done a blog post about this one.

On my main workdesk itself, you can see two cards I’m finishing – they are both from my stash (rapidly diminishing – need to make some more to fill it up!). The one on the left is for a lady who’s 80th birthday party is tonight, and the one on the right is for someone we know whose husband dropped dead a few days ago while he was away at a conference. Everyone is deeply shocked about this.

On the centre table you can see all my finished projects: three flower painted mirrors, a butterfly mirror with glass bead gel medium over silver mirror card, two steampunk rusty mirrors and six small flower paintings.

On the left hand table you can see my final mixed media mirror in progress – textured surface coloured with acrylics - I wasn’t sure if I liked it enough to put in the exhibition but it’s going quite well, and I think it will be OK. I shall be doing a post about that, and the other more recent mirrors, soon.

My ARTHaven looks a bit of a tip at the moment! I’ve really enjoyed this rollercoaster ride to get everything done, but in some ways I shall be quite glad when it’s over and I can start concentrating on my Christmas presents. Whatever doesn’t sell at the sale will go in the Christmas box, although I hope nothing comes back!!

Have a great WOYWW everyone.

8 comments:

  1. Great to see the wider view this week, hope the sale goes well and that nothing comes back home!

    Hugs
    Brenda 88

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like such a busy workspace! Good luck with the craft sale

    Debs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have bee busy but im surew all woth it once the Exhibition gets going.Your mirrors look lush .Good luck have creative week
    hugs judex 28

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holding thumbs that nothing comes back, but then that means lots of work for Christmas gifts! Catch 22!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you sell everything! and get some orders!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab creative desk with lovely stash! Love the frames.

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  7. Goodness but you've had a busy week! Hope the sale goes well :) I think the painted mirror frames are really lovely!
    Hugs, LLJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shoshi your finished projects are lovely and I adore your butterfly mirror, lovely colours.

    Love Mandy xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They are much appreciated. Spammers, please be aware that I read and moderate ALL comments, and yours will be deleted before publication, so please don't bother!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...