I have now finished the large watercolour paper that I’ve been drying the teabags on, and this is the result.
I love how some of the impressions have creases on them where the teabag wasn’t touching. Here are some detailed shots of the impressions.
It struck me that these shapes could be used as instant Zentangle strings complete with shading, so I took my sepia permanent marker pen and started to add some patterns. As they are very small, I used my clip-on magnifier so that I could see better what I was doing.
Some detail shots.
If you look at the detailed shot of the original teabag drying sheet you will see that I have drawn around the creases and marks, and the outline of each shape. I have also left some “white” space in each one to emphasise the small amount of pattern that I have added.
I think there is definitely some potential here! I would like to try drawing some Zentangles directly onto some actual teabags, but they would need to be sized first with acrylic gel medium or clear gesso… Lots to think about.