Well, I did manage to get in the studio this week, but only to look for stuff, and to make a mess!
Here is the further side of the room where I have my textile and drawing zones.
The other day I pulled down all my banana boxes full of wools from the top shelf on the right, trying to find the right colour to mend the cuffs of my favourite cardigan. You’d think with all that wool, there would be some charcoal grey, but no… so black it is. I wasn’t going to tidy up until I’d done the mending (still not done) so it remains a mess. On the white pull-out unit is my plastic box full of crochet stuff – I’ve taken my crochet hooks out to do the mending. It will all get tidied away once that’s done. I’m not going to waste the energy in the meantime!
Over on the main work area, all there is is a card I made a couple of days ago, to send as a thank you to some friends who invited us over for lunch at the end of last week. I put the card on the otherwise clear desk in order to look for the right sized envelope.
This is the sum total of activity in the studio this week. Pathetic, isn’t it.
Anyway, I thought you might like to see the card.
The cat was from a card I made for my hubby earlier this year:
Unfortunately I seem not to have scanned the original cat drawing which was cut out and applied to the card, so I had to extract it digitally from this photograph, and I then had to spend some time with it on the iPad Pro, tidying it up. I decided to add some colour for the current card, and I’ve kept the black and white image for future use. I created the balloon with its text on the iPad, and drew the balloon’s string and the frame in Serif PagePlus (desktop publisher) and printed it out on heavy A4 white card. I stamped a sentiment inside. Simple, but effective, I think. I’ve also saved the balloon (with and without text) and the basic card template, all for future use.
I’ve spent some considerable time this week working on visual aids for my Bible study group. As we are studying the Tabernacle in the Wilderness with its preponderance of gold, I am getting lots of practice rendering shiny gold surfaces! I have created two pictures for Friday’s session, both from my original line drawings which I used when I have taught this course in the past:
To begin with, I coloured them gold:
and then I thought it would be fun to put them against the gold background as they would have appeared in the Tabernacle, as a further exercise in reflective surfaces.
I am quite pleased with the result, and think I’m definitely making progress with my gold colouring experiments!
I’m off to the GP’s surgery tomorrow morning for bloods in preparation for my oncology appointment at the hospital next week. Apart from having several days over the past week when I have felt exhausted as a result of doing too much, I’ve been feeling pretty well, which is good. I managed to do some bulk cooking for the freezer so we’ve got casseroles to take out and use with minimal preparation. Nothing like home-made ready-meals! I have to do some baking before Friday when we’ve got our next informal cancer group cake eating session. Life is definitely better with cake.
Happy WOYWW everyone, and have a good week full of creativity.