I've now finished the tags for the explosion box. When I printed out the designs, they came out extremely dark on the laser printer, so I had to increase the transparency to over 75% and do some editing to make them work correctly. I was then able to colour them using colour pencils, blending the colours where necessary, and then picking out the detail with a very fine permanent black marker.
I then cut them out, and backed them with card which I'd embossed with the honeycomb Fiskar's Texture Plate to match the rest of the box. Then I discovered that the large ones didn't fit in the holders! Today I worked on those and they now fit properly. I also inked the backs of the tags with Tim Holtz Distress Inks in Pumice Stone and Wild Honey.
Here are the finished tags.
This is close-up of the small tags for the inner box:
and here are the larger ones for the outer box:
For details of the story behind these tags, please see my previous post, here.
This picture shows the embossed and distress inked backs of the tags:
Finally, here is a mock-up of the box so far, with the flower attached in the centre:
I am very pleased with how it is coming together so far, and with the way the colours have co-ordinated.