Hop over to Julia’s blog by clicking on the WOYWW in my sidebar to see what this is all about, if you don’t know already!
Not a great deal of activity on my desk today – I often seem to be between jobs when WOYWW comes round again, so I tend to have cleared a lot of stuff away.
I haven’t done much on the mini-album this week, but I have been thinking about the spine cover, and have been playing around with some corrugated cardboard which I think will form the cover for the actual spine, with a piece of roofing felt painted black covering the whole thing and extending a little way onto the front and back boards of the book. I was looking online for instructions for creating headbands on books (the decorative corded piece that protects the top of the spine when the book is pulled from a bookshelf) and entered the whole wonderful world of book binding – how I would LOVE to get involved with that!! Anyway, the headband has to be added to the completed signatures before they are bound in the cover, which is a different approach from this recycled dried milk box project, so I shall have to forget that for this project.
Immediately to the left of the album and the piece of cardboard are a couple of painted black pages that fell out – obviously a weak Christmas card that split when I stitched through it. No matter – I can use these sheets for tag pockets etc. Underneath them are the end papers.
At the back of the desk you can see the bowl with the talc, and the fat soft paintbrush for applying it to prevent the pages from sticking together. My posh Bosch glue gun is to the right. One of my better investments! It’s an awesome tool. You certainly get what you pay for.
Far right at the back: some teabags and tea-dyed fabrics waiting for me to get back to my teabag art. There continue to be heaps of teabags in varying stages of dryness arranged around the rest of the room! At church coffee on Sunday I got so carried away with the conversation I was having with someone that I completely forgot to ask for any teabags!!
The most important thing on my desk this week is the completed bee-themed card on the right – a new home card that I made from my new Stampin’ Up supplies. You can read all about it here. I’m very pleased with how it turned out. Underneath is an Ikea mirror that I painted some time ago (you can see it here) – this will accompany the card, as a house-warming present. Pale green crackle glazed background with painted daisies in acrylics.
Underneath everything is my black and brown scrap sheet that I clean my brushes and stamps on. I have several in different colour schemes and the colours build up nicely till they make great sheets for projects, or background sheets to photograph things against. Trying not to waste anything chez Shosh!
Happy WOYWW everyone.