Well, I have finally managed to get back in the studio this week and actually make some ART!!! Well, practise some, anyway.
Please see this post for details.
Today, after mapping out the designs to go on my hubby’s flower boxes, I started practising painting the roses. It’s been many, many years since I did any narrow boat painting and I’d more or less forgotten how to do it. This time I am working with acrylics and experiencing some problems – for starters, my yellow appears to be translucent, which isn’t what is required at all, so I’ve had to try using one of my pots of fluid acrylics instead, and it’s not really thick enough. Also, practising on white card hasn’t worked too well because the yellow doesn’t show up very well, so I tried doing some on red card but it’s not the right red and the orange doesn’t show up! My roses are not like the ones in the book either. Oh well, it’s early days, and practice makes perfect, I suppose.
If the paints really don’t work well enough I shall have to go back to my Humbrol enamels (if I’ve still got any… time to raid my hubby’s garage perhaps! – or fall back on the old faithful – Ebay.)
Hopefully I’ll manage to do a bit more tomorrow.
Happy WOYWW everybody, and a productive week ahead for all of us.