Having almost finished my Beehive Explosion Box, I put it on the back burner because of more urgent projects that I had to complete. I have now finished it, and would like to share with you the final photos, including close-ups and details of various parts, and also the video I have made.
The final step in completing the box was to add the flying bees to the outside, and to mount the whole thing on the base I had made from mounting board covered with Flowersoft, with some tiny white flowers which I cut on Jiminy Cricut.
This is the front view, showing the bees flying around the hive.
A couple of views from the sides, showing how the bees float in front of the box, on their acetate strips:
and now a couple more showing the box in its exploded state:
I realised that when I did my original posts on this project, although I posted pictures of the graphics for the individual tags, I did not photograph each finished tag individually, but only in groups. I thought you might like to see each one in close-up so that you can appreciate the detail and the colouring. For a full explanation of the meaning of each one, see the post “Beehive Explosion Box Part 3” - http://shoshiplatypus.blogspot.com/2010/09/hand-made-cards-beehive-explosion-box_10.html
Here are the large tags from the outer flaps of the box:
and the small tags from the inner flaps of the box:
The next two pictures show a couple of the tags in situ, and in close-up you can see the embossing on the tag holders, the clear embossing reflecting the light.
The next pictures are close-ups of the middle of the box, showing the bees and the silk flower.
Finally a few giving details of the finished exterior of the box.
I hope these pictures, together with the earlier ones I posted, will give you an impression of what it’s like. I do hope you’ve enjoyed this project.