At the moment I’m working on the flowers and leaves which will decorate my mini-album. I have cut a sheet of mixed sizes of flowers and leaves from the horrible orange card, which is now totally unrecognisable – thank goodness!
I have inked some with Black Soot Distress Ink, and they have all been painted with Perfect Pearls in various strengths. I particularly like how the orange card shows through the more lightly-painted flowers.
Here is a picture of a small selection of them, showing before and after embossing.
Last night I finished cutting and painting them, and today I’ve started embossing them with a hand-embossing tool which is double-ended, with a metal ball end in two sizes. Some of the flowers have been embossed from the front, so that the petals stick up, and some from behind, to give a domed effect. I have done this with the leaves, too, and added a central vein. The leaves have been painted with copper Perfect Pearls over Black Soot Distress Ink, with a gold Perfect Pearls accent.
Still to do – centres for the flowers, made with Stickles (glitter glue).