I did a bit more on my mini-album this evening. I drew a menorah (7-branched lampstand) for the second page, and heat embossed it in gold, and cut it out and applied it to the page, as I did with the Hebrew letters on page 1.
I also cut a sheet of small flowers and leaves on Jiminy Cricut, and began inking them. I cut them from the awful garish orange card I posted about a while back – it’s a truly horrible colour, but lovely quality card – it’s got an equally horrible garish turquoise on the reverse side, and in its raw state, not something I’d ever want to use. However, with some inking to tone down the orange, I thought it would do very nicely, because the quality of the card itself is excellent.
Some of the flowers I inked with Tim Holtz’s Distress Ink in Black Soot, rubbing the ink pad onto my craft mat and spritzing it with a bit of water, and painting it on. A bit of the orange shows through, and the colour is nice and dark. I painted all the flowers, including the black ones, with Ranger Perfect Pearls in Gold and Copper, and on some of them, painted it very thinly so they are still quite orange. They all now have a good metallic sheen. I have yet to pick out the details of the petals, emboss them slightly, and think of what to put in the centres. I haven’t touched any of the leaves yet.
I laid some flowers on the first two pages of my album as a mock-up to give an impression of what they will eventually look like, and this is the result.
So far, so good! The flowers will look better when I’ve worked on them a bit, and also incorporated a few leaves.
On page 2 I have yet to make some flames to go on the Menorah.
I’m getting really excited about this project now, and can’t wait to do some more!