Thanks again, Julia, for organising the wonderful weekly Wednesday wow at our workdesks (see link on right for further info).
I’ve been busy playing with metal this week (I’ve done a blog post about it and am about to do another) – you can see the latest fruits of my labours on the right of my table. There’s a small charm in the making on the bottom right – unfortunately the light is reflecting off it so you can’t see what it is, but it’s got some numbers on it (from Tim Holtz paper stack Crowded Attic) stuck onto one of his Charm Fragments. It’s going to have a bit of the embossed metal stuck on the back – I’m grateful to Creations by Christie for this idea. I’m really pleased with the metal embossing, and how the alcohol inks work with it. I’ve used a couple of Tim Holtz Texture Fades embossing folders for these samples, and sanded the raised embossing to expose the metal. The large piece, and the piece on the right, are done on some Cricut metal that I’ve got, and the top one is part of a flattened out drink can – I’m delighted with this idea as it’s free, and the metal is actually thicker and better quality, although it’s a pain getting it to this stage as it’s sharp and jagged while you’re cutting it out.
On the left you can see a birthday card I’m in the process of making for my aunt. Card making isn’t my favourite thing but it has to be done for family etc. – I don’t go out of my way to make cards for any other reason. This card sort of made itself as it’s turned out completely different from what I originally intended, which was shabby chic with doilies and lace, ribbons and brads, and pink! At least I got the pink in. The background is done on pink Core’dinations card, embossed in one of Tim Holtz’ Texture Fades embossing folders. I made the flowers from cut out stamped images which I hand-embossed. The centres are filled with glossy accents. I’m going to do a blog post about this card so won’t say any more about it here.
This week I’ve also been working at my Ikea mirrors and have finished the three with the flower paintings on them – I’ve done a blog post about them. I’ve got three more lined up to do grungey stuff on, which is why I’ve started making the charms and doing the metal embossing – one will probably have plates of embossed metal on it, and another will have my new rust effect. I’m going to make some gears etc. with the moulds I made last week, and I’m still hoping to get some more mould making stuff soon.
Something weird has just happened – I can’t seem to get the SD card out of my camera. Normally you press down on it and it releases a catch, and it pops out, but tonight it won’t come out. I’m hoping it’s not damaged, but I think I’m going to have to get someone to look at it. I managed to take some photos OK, and I’ve transferred them onto the computer using the cable, which takes a bit longer than just slotting the SD card into the card reader in the computer. I’m off to a craft show on Friday and certainly want it working for that!
Happy WOYWW everybody.