Monday 16 June 2014

Salisbury and Cotswolds Holiday Day 4–Rest Day

After all the excitement of the previous few days, and all the hard work and rushing about before the holiday, I took advantage of my hubby going off and doing something on his own today, and took some time out to rest. After an initial struggle I managed to gain access to the Internet in our lovely new holiday venue, so I can keep you all up to date with my doings while on holiday!

We are staying in a beautiful working farm in the Cotswolds. The house is large and spacious, and I have been sitting in the conservatory where the best Internet access is to be found. After moving to a town, we have got rather accustomed to a good broadband speed, but here on the farm it’s just like it was when we lived in the country! It’s good to be reminded what it was like, so we don’t take our new status too much for granted!

I had a long soak in the bath this morning, and then got online, and then started work on my knitting. I’ve now started on the second sleeve so I’m really on the home stretch now. I’ve also got my Zentangle stuff with me and managed to do just one ATC sample to go in my Zentangle album. Hopefully some photos later.

As the afternoon progressed, I started to feel worse and worse, and by the time my hubby returned, the last thing I wanted to do was go out, but we had to find a meal somewhere. After driving through various quite beautiful Cotswold villages we found an Ask Italian restaurant, and had the second excellent Italian meal in two days – I recommend Ask to everyone! In the car on the way home I slept, and am now going up to fall into bed, hopefully to feel slightly more use to man and beast tomorrow!

Sorry not to have any photos today.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Shoshi. You're on holiday! I had forgotten when you said you were going. I took a quick browse through your photos and wow - you've been seeing a LOT!!! Looks like a very visually stimulating trip. A lot of inspiration to bring home. Wishing you a great rest of your trip. With lots of healing rest as well ;) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you had a nice rest. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your adventure. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They are much appreciated. Spammers, please be aware that I read and moderate ALL comments, and yours will be deleted before publication, so please don't bother!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...