Wednesday 18 June 2014

WOYWW 263–Away on Holiday

No desk to speak of at all this week! In the middle of our Cotswolds holiday, I decided to upload a couple of photos for you, of some stuff I’ve brought away with me.

I had a rest day on Monday and worked a bit on my knitting. Before coming away on holiday I completed the first sleeve, and started the second, and this is how it looks now, laid out on the terracotta floor of our B&B conservatory.

06 First Sleeve Complete

I also brought my Zentangle stuff on holiday with me, and did another ATC-sized card to go in my Zentangle album. The design is called “Agua” and you can find the instructions for drawing it on the Tangle Patterns site (see the logo in my blog sidebar).

Agua Front

I think this is a very pretty pattern. Drawn like this, it is a good background design, but of course you can use just one row of the design as a border.

Just recently I haven’t had much time to be in my ARTHaven, what with my hubby’s retirement celebrations and preparing for the holiday, but once we are back home and into some sort of routine, I hope to get back into things. I am keen to get to work on my recycled mini-album again, and of course my teabag art!

So, from my virtual “desk” away from home, I wish you all a very happy WOYWW. If you want to see what we are up to on our holiday (including seeing some absolutely incredible art – lots of photos!) see my recent blog posts!

11 comments:

  1. Hi Shoshi. Continue to have a great holiday! John is enjoying (as are my grandchildren!) the new stairlift!!!
    Margaret #8

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are enjoying your holiday, Shoshi, the Cotswolds are beautiful.
    Love your tangling.
    Hugs Lisax #39

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all your art and the art you shared from your trip, but am especially excited to see your Zentangle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, that's what I call clever knitting - real patterns and the sort of stuff I could never do. It's beautiful and very impressive and I marvel at your patience!
    Enjoy the rest of your holiday
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Shoshi, hope you are having a lovely time, the weather certainly seems to be obliging. Don't the colours in your knitting sit perfectly with the tiled floor? Awesome.Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #30 xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had fun going through your posts about your holiday so far. I have never been to England, so I had a blast looking at everything. Maybe someday!! Your sweater is coming out so pretty! Enjoy the rest of your trip! Winnie#50

    ReplyDelete
  7. hope you are resting and relaxing on your holiday and not overdoing!!! Love the sweater and the zentangles. Tried using "wet wads" of onion skin on water color paper and I am impressed the saturated color and differences in color. I will post something about it later. Have fun on the remainder of your holiday. Vickie #19

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI Shoshi, love your desk away from home - that knitting looks so intricate, beautiful colours too. Zentangle is the perfect portable hobby isn't it? Enjoy the beautiful Cotswolds, hope the weather stays kind for you :o) Annie C #53

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Shoshi I don't seem to have visited you for a while - very remiss of me. I've been looking back at your blog posts - such a lot I've missed!! Your holiday looks and sounds lovely. Salisbury Cathedral very impressive and your photos and words so informative. It is on my list now to visit. We travel through Cotswolds to visit my friend who lives in Witney. I am not impressed with the shops either. Only stopped there once - very disappointing.
    Your school certainly is very posh :-) the art work is amazing - 15 year olds you say. Like you we didn't have the same opportunities and I was told early on I was 'not an artist' probably why I feel very inadequate and do compare myself with others- really think of myself as a crafter. I am going to look at Jennibelle's video later - read what you said. Your jumper is just lovely.I wish your husband a long and happy retirement. Anne x #37

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy WOYWW Shoshi, and hope you're having a wonderful holiday. I am truly impressed with your knitting. Cheers and enjoy your time away. RobynO#21

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have had a look at some of your holiday snaps and you are obviously having a great time.
    I love knitting but don't do much now, one day maybe, who knows. Have a great week and happy crafting, Angela x #45

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They are much appreciated. Spammers, please be aware that I read and moderate ALL comments, and yours will be deleted before publication, so please don't bother!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...