THE BIG REVEAL, PART 7.
This is the first of two posts today.
Many of my regular visitors have been justifiably very frustrated and impatient with me lately because I’ve been working hard on several secret projects that I wasn’t at liberty to reveal until now. With her permission, I can now reveal that I have been making stuff for Shaz. As many of you will know, she is about to undergo major surgery and has been through so much over the past year. She and her lovely hubby share the same birthday and I have made cards for them both, a get well card for her (still under wraps) and a selection of bits and pieces for her to play with once she feels up to being creative again. She opened the parcel on her birthday (14th Aug.) and now that she has received them I can share the making of them with you. Until now, I didn’t want to spoil her surprise as she visits my blog regularly. Throughout my own cancer journey, this wonderful friend has been such an encouragement and support to me, and this is one way I can thank her, and show my own appreciation and support. I know that she would love a visit from you to wish her well for her surgery on 2nd Sept.
I shall be uploading a couple of posts each day over the next few days until all is revealed. Please scroll down for earlier posts.
Emboss Resist Shapes with Dylusions
I have made some shapes with emboss resist and inking. These were used as labels to go in some of the packs of goodies I sent to Shaz. I have deliberately made them like this so that they can be used as embellishments once they have served their purpose as labels! I didn’t use them all, and packed the blank ones separately.
I began by cutting two sheets of A5 card, and spritzed them well with water. I sprayed Dylusions inks onto one of them and spritzed again, and held it up so that the inks ran down the sheet. I used the second sheet to blot it off and then smooshed this a little on the non-stick craft sheet which had quite a bit of ink on it, so I ended up with two sheets for the price of one, but different in style. The sheet further away is the one that I originally inked, and the one at the front is the one created by blotting off, which also has water spatters on it which were blotted off with kitchen paper, leaving the paler design.
These are the stamps that I used. It is my new set from Chocolate Baroque, called Harlequin Fragments – it’s a fabulous set and brilliant for mixed media backgrounds. I used the stamp without an acrylic block, using Versamark, and then heat-embossed with clear embossing powder.
After this I revealed the embossing with the addition of distress inks, using Inkylicious ink dusters which blend beautifully. This is Sheet 1.
The completed Sheet 1.
The completed Sheet 2.
I wasn’t too bothered about creating a coherent design on the sheets because I knew that they would but cut up.
Punching the ovals and circles from Sheet 1.
From the remaining card, not wanting to waste anything, I used a couple of smaller punches to punch out some circles which I retained, to be used to embellish projects in the future.
From Sheet 2, I cut a series of rectangles, two of which were ATC-sized.
The shapes cut from Sheet 1, including the small circles which I kept, and didn’t add to the parcel.
The shapes from Sheet 2.
Because the backs were so messy from all the inks on my craft sheet, I backed each piece onto another piece of white card, using Crafter’s Companion Stick & Stay spray adhesive, making sure I’d got good adhesion by using my brayer.
Trimming off the pieces.
I inked the backs using distress inks.
After this I spattered them with water and blotted them off after moving them around to encourage the droplets to run a bit. I really like this effect. After I had dried them, I distressed the edges using Black Soot distress ink and a home-made ink blender.
The completed backs.
Detail of two of the backs.
Somewhere along the line I lost my small oval piece! I think I might have inadvertently thrown it away so I shall have to have a rummage in my waste bin. (Found it! It was in the bin!! Duh.)
I used some of these to make the labels for the small packages of fun stuff to play with. I made more than enough of these shapes, so I selected a few to write on. In a later post, you can see some more that I made, using my Chocolate Baroque Lace Fragments stamp set, using a cooler, blue colour scheme.
These shapes could be used to make small tags, or as motifs on a card, or to embellish a box or album page. I do not have very many punches, but other shapes could be made as well, such as simple flowers, hearts or polygons.