Saturday 19 September 2015

More Purple Goodies, and a Bad Day

Edited – some photos replaced!

As I wrote on my Cancer Diary page, I have had a bad day today, possibly because I’ve done too much this week. I had a headache all day and felt queasy. I spent a couple of hours in the studio this a.m. and managed to make a bar of lavender soap for our neighbour, and find some bath melts I’d made before (also lavender) and made some labels for them.

I recently got these Tim Holtz Sizzix “Labels” set of dies:

22 Die Cut Labels

and I cut two from some of the paper that I’d sprayed with Dylusions inks and backed onto card.

23 Inking and Stamping the Labels

I inked both front and back with a combination of Seedless Preserves, Dusty Concord and Chipped Sapphire distress inks, using an Inkylicious Ink Duster for the former two, and my home made blending tool for the Chipped Sapphire as before. It was at this point that my camera started playing up, and the rest of the photos were seriously out of focus! It does this every now and then, and because I was feeling distinctly below par, I didn’t notice until it was too late. (Ed.: Photos from here to end now replaced.)

24 Labels Front and Back

I hand-wrote the front of the labels using a dark blue Marvy le Plume pen, and stamped the reverse with one of my Stampin’ Up “Butterfly Potpourri” butterfly stamps, using Chipped Sapphire distress ink.

I’m afraid I forgot to photograph the lavender soap that I made, while it was still in the mould. I coloured it with a single drop each of red and blue colouring, hoping to make a pale purple, but because there was only sufficient clear soap for a single bar, it came out quite a bit darker than I’d hoped. I thought I had some purple colouring but I did not. I also sprinkled on some lavender flowers before the soap set.

25 Soap and Bath Melts

I found some lavender bath melts that I’d made in the soap making class last year, and also wrapped those up. I used clear cellophane and some silvery-lilac coloured gift ribbon, and tied the labels on with some fancy purple yarn.

Here is the growing collection of gifts.

26 Get Well Gifts So Far

Not sure what else I am going to do, apart from the lavender sachet to go in the box, and some stalks of fresh lavender flowers to go in, and of course, the little basket to put everything in.

I am hoping to feel considerably better tomorrow. Apart from this brief time in the studio, I have slept most of today, and cannot seem to shift the headache, and I have eaten very little.

2 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear this Shoshi.It must have been a blow when things were looking up for a bit. Always a temptation to do lots when feeling well. Healing Hugs.Such pretty gifts.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Considering how you must be feeling, you have done some lovely pieces. The colours are gorgeous. Pleased try not to overdo it though and get plenty of rest. Take care my friend, Angela x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They are much appreciated. Spammers, please be aware that I read and moderate ALL comments, and yours will be deleted before publication, so please don't bother!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...