I managed to finish the card yesterday, in time for my hubby’s birthday today.
Here is the card with the three mixed media panels in place. I added some strips of gold tissue paper and stuck them down with soft gloss gel medium, allowing the ends to extend beyond the sides of the card.
To make the sentiment, I selected the small set from the Darkroom Door Alphabet Medley stamp set.
It took some time to stamp each individual letter, using my stamp positioning tool. I used gold embossing powder and stamped on an offcut from one of the background papers. Once the stamping was completed, I cut the card edges to make them a bit uneven, and ran around the edges with my distressing tool.
I inked the roughened edges with Tea Dye Distress Ink.
On the inside of the card, I added some Tea Dye, Forest Moss and Fossilised Amber Distress Inks, using Inkylicious Ink Dusters in a circular motion, beginning in the middle of each side. After this, I spattered the card with water, and after a few seconds, blotted it off, which removed the ink and left the white spots. Then I stamped the sentiment using a Stampin’ Up sentiment stamp from the Perfectly Penned stamp set.
Detail of the sentiment on the top of the card.
Detail of the Tyvek panel.
After assembling the card, I added some more gold gilding wax to the surface of the Tyvek and on the microbeads, and a little on the gold tissue paper. In reality it is quite shiny but of course it doesn’t show up very well on the photos. There is a lot of different texture on this card.