Wednesday 1 February 2017

In hospital and WOYWW 400

A short post - I will edit this later with full details. On Saturday evening Kermit, my stoma, stopped working and I had quite a lot of pain in Miss Piggy, my hernia, and in my stomach. I was sick during the night. Still no stoma output in the morning so my hubby took me to A&E and they kept me in. I was very poorly on Sunday and Monday and was vomiting quite a bit until they gave me a nasogastric tube in the evening, and pain meds. I had an X-ray that didn't really show anything, so they booked me in for a CT scan which happened last night, and this revealed what they suspected - a constriction of the small intestine in the hernia. I have therefore been set up for emergency surgery later this morning (probably 8 a.m.) and until they go in, they won't know exactly what they will be doing, but it's likely that they will repair the hernia without upsetting Kermit, but the worst case scenario would be to re-site him which I don't want, because it will be going back to square one again, after he has behaved so well for nearly two years.

This evening they reinstalled my cannula yet again after it had failed twice, and I am back on rehydration fluids, and installed a catheter. I am allowed sips of water till 6 a.m. and then nil by mouth. I shall probably be in for several days.

Nothing on my desk this week.

11 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear this Shoshi! You must be having your surgery around now. Thinking of you and keeping my fingers crossed that everything goes smoothly and Kermit stays where he is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is not how you should be spending the 400th WOYWW. I so hope that you are comfortable and that the surgery goes smoothly. Ali x #5 currently

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh poor Shoshi, not very good. Praying that the surgery went well and that you are back on the ward with Kermit in just the same place and everything working well again.
    Bless you and Hubby, and happy 400th WOYWW, even if you aren't really awake to notice it
    Chris #33

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for you Shoshi, Anne said you weren't at all well in hospital,.i feel for you in the emergency surgery but the Lord is surprised by nothing, and so I give you into His all wise hands for your keeping. Pray too that your stoma can stay where it is, if that is best long term outcome.
    Sending hugs and prayers,
    Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear this - sending messages of love to you.
    Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Sweetie! I'm so sorry! It's just not fair! You've already been thru' so much, I don't like that you have to go thru' this too! But we know there's nothing to do but get thru' it and get better! Be gentle with yourself! Take it one step at a time! You are with people who care about you and want you better...as I do! Be well my friend! You are loved! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Shoshi and Nicholas. Bringing you both before our Father God at this time. May He grant you His peace, and His healing touch.
    God bless.
    Margaret #3

    ReplyDelete
  8. hope by now things have been sorted and you are much more comfortable! much love. Helen #1 ("happy" 400th... not the way you wanted to spend it!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry to hear this news. Hope all goes well, you make a quick recovery and are able to return home. Anne x #11

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sending big hugs your way! My thoughts are with you for a successful surgery and hope you'll be back home crafting really soon.

    Take care
    Sharon K

    ReplyDelete
  11. I so hope you improve quickly. Prayers coming your way.
    April #49

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They are much appreciated. Spammers, please be aware that I read and moderate ALL comments, and yours will be deleted before publication, so please don't bother!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...