Wednesday 21 November 2012

WOYWW 181

I’ve only just remembered it’s Wednesday! I haven’t got anything to show on my desk today because I finished a project in the small hours of Tuesday and cleared the decks. I know it’s a bit frowned upon in certain quarters (not sure why…) but I’ve arranged some things on my desk for a photo of “What’s On My Workdesk Wednesday” to show you what I’ve been up to, since there’s no actual work in progress – just a clear desk.

These are the fruits so far of my labours in this year’s Card Factory, trying to replenish my stash for the coming year, and also to make some more cards for my Mum to give away. The other day she said she still had some left but I don’t suppose she’s got enough for all the family’s birthdays, so I’m going to ask her again. At my request, she lent me the box I made last year to put them in, and you can see it on the left hand side of the desk – sorry about the reflection.

Underneath the four cards is my scrap card that I wipe my brushes and clean my stamps on etc. It’s building up nicely! It will soon be ready to be replaced by a new one, and I shall use it for other projects. Next time I may use a larger piece. If you look at my previous post, you can see it being used as a background in a photograph.

Hop back over the past two or three posts to see how I made these cards. The pink one at the back was an assembly job – Judy of Judy’s Fabrications sent me the gorgeous topper and I just had to use it!

In case anyone’s wondering what this WOYWW lark is all about, it’s the world’s greatest nosey fest where we all spy out each other’s work desks and see what we’re all doing and how tidy (or otherwise) we are being. Click on the WOYWW link in my sidebar to go to Julia’s blog and find out all about it – she organises us.

Have a great week, everyone.

16 comments:

  1. You should have shown everyone your sketchbook pages Shoshi .
    Beautiful cards, you are very clever
    Lynn//33

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card in the previous post, but 01.57? Has your ME taken you nocturnal? Hate it when that happens!
    Wishing you a happy WOYWW and a good rest of the week x
    Laura 87

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, thanks for letting me peek into your creative world this morning. I'm not frowning on staging. I think I'd much rather see something than a spick and span empty desk!
    Neil#34

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards Shoshi :D It's because of you that I've started doing a similar thing, but for my daughter. I'm going to upcycle an old Christmas card box to store her cards in. She's due to have a baby any day (she's a week late) so I thought that something like a box of cards to hand with a pen and stamps enclosed would be a practical gift for her.
    I also use paper to wipe my stamps and brushes on, but they are just A4 size that I can put away as I don't have a permanent spot for a large sheet. I've got one kind of ready to use on the next Tag, but I need to scan it and resize. A4 is a little large for a tag don't you think, haha. Have a fab WOYWW :0) Mo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What lovely cards you made. Using a piece of card for wiping inks etc on is a great idea, we may have to do that as we could use the finished effect in our art journal.

    The bears @#78 this week

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE a clear desk ready for the next project and your cards look great Jacqui #96

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's only frowned on cos we are nosy... Your cards look great. Helen, 9

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great desk, and the cards look fantastic. Have a great week, Hugs Shaz #107

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there. Lovely cards - and interesting scrap page coming along there.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely cards, no problwm with staging, do all the this. Francesca #66

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shoshi, you are doing a great job with the card collection. I am guilty of 'staging' occasionally too, though usually there is something out I can show. I do like to clear most of it away when I finish a project so sometimes the timing isn't right for a busy desk photo.
    Have a good week. Kate x #54

    ReplyDelete
  12. Some really good-looking cards there... happy WOYWW!
    Alison x
    #63

    ReplyDelete
  13. the cards are lovely, especially the one with the window! Did you mention your hubby is American? If so Happy Thanksgiving:) Happy WOYWW! Lindsay #119

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely cards Shoshi, have a super weekend and happy crafting, hugs Erika. 73

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your cards are beautiful! And the second person who has mentioned wiping off on a piece of card stock to use later as background paper. Hugs, Nan 93

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your cards are gorgeous! Happy WOYWW xxx Laura #51

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They are much appreciated. Spammers, please be aware that I read and moderate ALL comments, and yours will be deleted before publication, so please don't bother!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...