Sunday 8 February 2015

A Sweet Gift

This morning my hubby went to church. Last week he told the curate about my cancer, and this week, two little girls in the Sunday school made me the sweetest gift! He came home absolutely thrilled with it, and knew I would be too. This is the first part.

Jesus Hug Hands

The two card hands are connected by a ribbon and he hung it round my neck! I love the little hearts for fingernails!

They also made me this card.

Healed by Jesus' Touch 1

It is a volvelle. I love volvelles. I’ve got some instructions for them and tried to make one once, but it was too small and didn’t work, so I abandoned it. You hold the tab and pull it round, and the picture changes into something else.

Here is the volvelle in the half-way position.

Healed by Jesus' Touch 2

This is how it looks fully rotated.

Healed by Jesus' Touch 3

Isn’t that adorable?

He also brought back one of the printouts that the girls made the card from, complete with instructions, which I can use again with other pictures.

Healed by Jesus' Touch Instructions

Finally, they sent me this chocolate lolly from Lidl.

Chocolate Bar

I thought this was so sweet of them, to make me all this, when they have never even met me! My hubby says it’s a lovely congregation. I did meet the curate once, when she came to a craft show in the church where we used to live, and we compared wheelchairs! My hubby told her last week that I was ill, and she got them together to do this. I am so touched.

I really appreciate the prayers and kind thoughts of all my friends around the world, at this difficult time in my life. God bless you all.

10 comments:

  1. Oh, how sweet and awesome, Shoshi! Thanks for updating me on your status, too. I wish you the best and hope your surgery is scheduled quickly and goes well and you heal quickly, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that a clever card- I have never seen that style before. I love the hug idea too- what a thoughtful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless you too -you are always so positive! Still praying!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How thoughtful. I love you can hang that hug around your neck. Very precious. Hugs & Creative Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Lord shows us His love in so many ways and through so many different people.
    God bless you . . . you are in my prayers.
    Your blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Shoshi, thanks for the visit. This gives me a real good feeling when I hear about children who do things like this. I don't go to church anymore but my faith is still strong and I find it very encouraging to hear that there are still people who care about one-another and show it in simple ways that make people feel so good.
    Sending you both and the children great big hugs, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a nice idea and how kind and thoughtful of them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was so sweet of the girls in the church! I love the hug that you can hang around your neck! You know, the Lord works through people here on Earth. We are His hands and feet and eyes and ears. Consider it a hug from the Lord to encourage you and to keep His peace close to you. I imagine things are stressful and please know that we are thinking of you and praying for you.
    All the best,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  9. How lovely . Keeping you in my prayers Shoshi. Anne x

    ReplyDelete


  10. Hello!

    I have a quick question for you, could you email me when you have a chance? Thanks! –Cameron

    cvonstjames(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They are much appreciated. Spammers, please be aware that I read and moderate ALL comments, and yours will be deleted before publication, so please don't bother!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...