Thursday 27 September 2018

Box for Floral Mini-Album–Continuing to Work on the Insides

Having painted one side of the box pieces with black acrylic, today I painted the edges and a border around the other side of each piece, ready for matting later.

13 Edges of Box Pieces Painted

After this I began embellishing the black surface which will be the inside of the box. I wanted to try Angela’s (Felix the Crafty Cat) technique to produce an interesting texture: she scrumpled up some waxed paper and then unfolded it, and ironed it onto some card, which made a gorgeous pattern in wax on the paper, which was revealed when she applied some Distress Oxides with a blending tool, the wax pattern acting as a resist.

Unfortunately it didn’t work for me. I have a roll of freezer paper that I thought was waxed, but however long I ironed it, very little came off onto the card. Afterwards I read the label on the box and it said “plastic coated” so obviously this was why it didn’t work. I tried with some scraps of what I thought was waxed paper that I’ve saved for other purposes, mostly the backing sheets of self-adhesive labels and things like that, but had no more success with these than with the freezer paper, so I gave it up as a bad job. I shall contact Angela and ask where she got her waxed paper!

I proceeded to apply Worn Lipstick and Seedless Preserves Distress Oxides to the black painted surface of the mount board, using Inkylicious Ink Dusters and then spritzing the pieces with water and drying them with my heat gun. I am quite pleased with the result.

14 Distress Oxides on Box Pieces

I shall tear up the strips taken from the music table napkins and apply those with gel medium, and add more inks and possibly some gilding flakes and spatters, building up the layers until I am happy with the result.

Not a bad evening’s work for today, and I hope to do a bit more tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Shoshi, I saw your message. I use Reynolds CUT-RITE Wax Paper and I get it from Amazon. Make sure you don't get the plastic coated one as it is not the same but think you know that now Lol! Have a great weekend my crafty friend, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They are much appreciated. Spammers, please be aware that I read and moderate ALL comments, and yours will be deleted before publication, so please don't bother!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...