Monday 12 July 2010

Boring Gold Card

Several years ago, when I was dabbling in card making and before I got obsessed - sorry, I mean serious - about it, I ordered some gold inkjet card which I thought might be useful. I never really used it because it was boring - somewhat dull rather than shiny, and not a very nice colour of gold either, so along with various other things, it lay around gathering dust. Now I am getting hold of some decent stuff, I've been thinking about getting rid of things that haven't been used for years, but as I am learning more, I realise that there is endless potential in even horrible stuff, with a bit of imagination, and "altering" skills!

So today I thought I'd have a go at improving this awful card so that it can become useful and not useless.

Here it is straight out of the pack (the colour didn't come out quite right on this photo):

Boring Gold Card

I cut the sheet into 4 and started embossing with my Cuttlebug.

Embossed Gold Card

Already a vast improvement! Then I got busy and came up with this on the other two pieces:

Embossed and Coloured Gold Card

Before colouring, I inked the raised embossing on the paisley one with a black ink pad, and then heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. I then filled in the paisleys with my Marvy Le Plume Pens. On the other one, I coloured in the background, to enhance the embossing.

I probably won't consign the Boring Gold Card to the bin after all. What do you think?

10 comments:

  1. Well, I don't know if it started out boring, it's more like a blank canvas for creative people. You are GOOD!! These are so fancy and lovely; real keepsakes. The non paisley one reminds me of India.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks very much, Ginny! I've replied on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh WOW Shoshi!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE the affect!!!! GREAT job ma'am!!!!!!! That looks SO rich!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What grand pieces of ART those boring gold canvas pieces became....you go girl! Diann

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, those are fantastic now. I may have to borrow your idea on some of my paper. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a wonderful idea!! They came out GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your lovely comments, everyone! You're all toooo kind!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They are much appreciated. Spammers, please be aware that I read and moderate ALL comments, and yours will be deleted before publication, so please don't bother!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...