Wednesday 19 May 2010

SatNav Waterfall Album Card

It's my hubby's birthday today, and because he had his present early (the SatNav, "Mrs. Tom Tom," I wanted to do something special so he'd have something nice on the day. I've been looking at paper folding projects recently, and decided to make him a waterfall mini-album - if anyone's interested in seeing how to make one, just put "waterfall mini-album" in the Youtube Search, and there are lots of different ones.

Here are the pictures I've taken of the finished card. If you read my Kent holiday posts, you'll understand what all the messages on the pages mean! Unfortunately the photos have exaggerated a banding effect from the printer (one of the cartridges may be running low or need cleaning - it doesn't show nearly as much in real life.)

This is the front cover. I cut out a printed picture of a TomTom and altered the name on the front! This little picture is attached by those foam stickies that hold it away from the surface (can't remember what they're called).

Card Cover

The following pictures show the mini-album after each page is turned.

Card Page 1

Card Page 2

Card Page 3

Card Page 4

Card Page 5

Card Page 7
I tried to make a video of it opening and closing but needed more than 2 hands to do it! If I rigged it on a tripod it would work.

My hubby hasn't see it yet as he gets back this evening from a few days away. I'll let you know what he thinks of it!

2 comments:

  1. Hello, I found you over at Lloyds Blog,
    Welcome to the blogging world :)
    Those cards are GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Renee! Glad you like it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They are much appreciated. Spammers, please be aware that I read and moderate ALL comments, and yours will be deleted before publication, so please don't bother!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...