Friday 11 February 2011

Valentine Bon-Bon Basket

I am grateful to Carol on the Extreme Cards and Papercrafting blog:

http://extremecards.blogspot.com/2011/02/froebel-weaving-valentine-candy-basket.html

for sharing the design for this gorgeous little hanging basket of sweets. I know I shouldn’t be encouraging the hubby to eat such things – I’m actually trying to encourage him to lose weight, but I couldn’t resist this, and everyone deserves spoiling sometimes.

Valentine Bon-Bon Basket 1

Here are another couple of shots to show the sides in more detail.

Valentine Bon-Bon Basket 2

Valentine Bon-Bon Basket 3

I cut the shape and the strips from the .svg file I downloaded. The basket shape had slits cut in it, through which you weave the strips of coloured card. I also made an extra .svg file the same shape as the basket but without the slits, to be cut from red card to line the basket so that the backs of the woven pieces don’t show.

I’m going to hang it on his desk lamp so he sees it when he gets up. What’s the betting all those little sweets will be gone by lunch time?

1 comment:

  1. really cute, love it.
    men do love their sweets, mine loves wine gums, jelly babies and those silly fried eggs sweets.
    give me chocolate any day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They are much appreciated. Spammers, please be aware that I read and moderate ALL comments, and yours will be deleted before publication, so please don't bother!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...