I’ve now completed the thank you cards for my volunteer carers, made from the painted ATCs. Here are the six designs mounted on the cards (A5 folded to A6) with the distressed matting and layering with a bit of rubber stamping, complete with the “Thank you” sentiment on each. The sentiments were heat-embossed onto small rectangles of card which were coloured with Tim Holtz Distress Inks, using my Inkylicious Ink Dusters.
Now for the close-ups of each one:
The background stamping on this one was using two of the three sizes of the same flower from my new Funky Florals set.
The background stamping on this one was using a small leaf from a set I’ve had for ages (can’t remember the name, I’m afraid) – I grouped them in 3s to try and make them look like strawberry leaves and they actually look more like strawberries!!
On both the Strawberry and the Poppy cards, the piece of card for the sentiment was inked with Barn Door distress ink, and heat-embossed with red embossing powder.
The background stamping for Ivy was using another leaf from the same set as the one for Strawberry.
The background stamping for Daisy was the grasses from my new Funky Florals set – I love this stamp – it comes in this (larger) size and a small one too, and I think I am going to be using this one a lot as it’s really pretty, and very useful.
On both Ivy and Daisy, the piece of card for the sentiment was inked with Bundled Sage distress ink, and heat-embossed with Lapis Cobalt Aurora Cosmic Shimmer embossing powder.
The background stamping on this one was done with the large swirl, as I mentioned in yesterday’s post. The piece of card for the sentiment was inked with Dusty Concord distress ink, and heat-embossed with Desert Ochre Aurora Cosmic Shimmer embossing powder.
Here is the large grass stamp from the Funky Florals set again. The piece of card for the sentiment was inked with Tea Dye distress ink, and heat-embossed with gold embossing powder.
I’m very pleased with how this whole project has gone, and I can’t tell you what fun I have had making all these cards. I’ve also kept quite a few of the ATCs un-mounted, which I can either use for swaps, or which can be mounted on cards in future if I want. It’s always nice to have a few things in the stash! I’ve got a couple more birthdays coming up this year that need cards (the vast majority in our family and friends are in the first half of the year) so I have got something in hand.
Now that this is done, I really hope I’m going to have some time and energy to start experimenting with some more mixed media stuff. Pure research! I love it.