Saturday 17 August 2013

Problems with Commenting on Blogger

This is a cry for help – I am hoping that if someone has experienced similar problems to mine, that they will be able to help me!!

Since Wednesday, I have been having problems with commenting on Blogger blogs. Under the comment window it says “Select Profile” and whatever I select, if I then click “Publish,” my comment disappears, never to be seen again. Going back to the top of the particular blog, it says “Sign in” at the top, but when I click this, it takes me to my dashboard which states that I am already signed in.

If I try to preview my comment before posting it, I am told that it is not possible to post an empty comment, despite there being text in the comment box.

It is not happening on all Blogger blogs, but a good few; on the ones where it is working, my profile shows at the bottom and there is no problem.

This is becoming extremely frustrating, and I can find nothing in Blogger help which answers the problem (not that I ever find Blogger “help” much help at the best of times…)

Can anybody help, please? Pleeease….. this is driving me nuts. I have lots of lovely comments from people to which I would like to reply, not to mention all the wonderful blogs I am visiting where I would love to post a comment.

I don’t think I have done anything different with my computer lately, except the usual Windows updates. I have tried clearing my Firefox cache, but with no result. If anyone has any helpful (and easy to understand) suggestions, I’d be most grateful, and in the meantime, if anyone is wondering why I haven’t responded to their comments, this is the reason.

7 comments:

  1. I haven't had any feedback from people saying they can't comment.Maybe it is just some.I know that Google + blogs have to use comment form (see my sidebar), unless they have Google + too. Maybe that's it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could be number of things - maybe try using different browser (like IE or chrome) or is your web browser up to date I know one of my friend had trouble doing her posts on Blogger till she upgraded her Firefox - it was out of date.... there was a new update out a few days ago (yest was it ??).. cant think of anything else, pray you solve it but could be something to Google+ too if you belong to it. love Shaz.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm having the same issue. My son suggested I try a different program. I had been using Safari. I tried Chrome and it worked. He said it is a browser issue conflicting with Blogger. I'm on an Apple. He said there is a big update coming for the operating system and the issue may be resolved at that time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry for sending a second message. I didn't want to type the long reply only to have it disappear.
    It seems to be fixed if my comments went through. It was an issue between your browser and Blogger and nothing you did wrong. I was so very frustrated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alyce - sorry, there's no link to your blog in your profile so I can't reply to you there, so hope you come back and see this. I have just switched to Google Chrome and it seems to be working OK. I agree that I think there's a browser conflict with Blogger. Hopefully they'll sort it and I can eventually get back to Firefox, which I prefer. Hope you get your problem sorted soon!

    Shoshi

    ReplyDelete
  6. No problem re 2nd message, Alyce. Yes, a frustrating business, esp. as I have a ton of other stuff to do atm!! Glad you've got yours sorted too - let's hope it sticks from now on.

    Shoshi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shoshi - I was having trouble leaving comments on a couple blogs. Weird solution that I used - I filled in the personal information, then went back to the comment form and tabbed to my name and the "Post" option appeared. Very strange. I think this sounds like a different problem than you were having, though.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They are much appreciated. Spammers, please be aware that I read and moderate ALL comments, and yours will be deleted before publication, so please don't bother!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...