Wednesday 14 August 2013

WOYWW 219

Click on the WOYWW logo in my sidebar to see what this is all about if you’re not already having fun doing it.

My new ARTHaven is nearly ready for me to move into! Yayy!! Tim the electrician has been back and I’ve got LIGHTS! and POWER!

02 LED Spots

He has fitted small spotlights with LED bulbs for me. The other day he brought some samples in for me to see, and we tested both halogens and LEDs. I’ve got two identical spots in the kitchen with halogens, but we agreed that the bright, daylight-simulating colour of the LEDs was perfect for my art work. The centre light still has its original ghastly low energy job, which is going to be replaced by one of my Pure-Lite low energy bulbs from my old ARTHaven once I can find them lol!

All the power points are now working, including the ones in the office section.

Yesterday Andy fitted the additional shelves in the unit above what will be my textile area. All the shelves are adjustable. He’s still got to put the deep shelf over the free-standing storage units on the right, and once that’s done, I can get cleaned up in there and start moving my stuff in.

05 Additional Shelves Complete

I also need to get a Venetian blind for the window.

You can see further pics and info here, and the latest about the rest of the house here.

Yesterday I had my hospital appointment to see the gastro-enterologist about my recently-diagnosed ulcerative colitis. If you can bear it (and are half-way interested!) you can read about it here. Hopefully I shall soon start feeling better – no cure, but a treatment regimen that should at least reduce, if not abolish, the symptoms.

Happy WOYWW, everyone, and have a great week.

15 comments:

  1. Yay, although we thought we were being treated to an upside down view at first. Have fun organising and playing.

    The bears @#93

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeeeek - so exciting ... it looks AWESOME :-)

    Happy WOYWW

    IKE xxx #99

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my it is looking grand - can't wait to see it finished. Glad that you will find at least some relief for the ulcerative colitis through diet. Happy WOYWW Anne x #77

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, your new lighting is fab - cant wait to see your room all stocked up with your supplies.

    I read your last post on your hospital visit, not the best of illness's is it, lets see how the meds work for you, hope you get some relief.

    My Hubby has suffered a few upset tums of late, (nothing serious, we hope) but we became all too aware of how this effects your life with lack of loo's, understand how you can easily become quite housebound. Was very interested in your IBS, I was a sufferer of that over ten years ago, hope it does not return.

    Take Care, and stay as well as you can.

    Lynda #89

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so important to have the right light in your craft room. You must be getting very exited about moving in now. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What lovely lights. I also want to switch from halogen to LED, but I guess the halogen lights have to go out first before I can make the switch =).
    Good luck with your treatment and have fun moving in your stuff =)

    Back from my holidays wishing you happy WOYWW and a lovely week.
    xx Monique #97

    ReplyDelete
  7. I completely agree with you about low energy bulbs! Nasty, horrid light from them makes everything look yellowish. Even worse than the old,dim light bulbs I remember from donkeys years ago.Glad that you are going to get some relief from the health issue- sometimes thats as good as it can get, isn't it? Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #45 xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Shoshi
    wow you have really been through it haven't you I am glad that you now know what you are looking at and how they are going to treat you and I really hope you get some good results.
    Your craft room is looking amazing and your house is looking fantastic, I feel I would like to move in to your craft room with you.
    If anyone deserves it you do so enjoy sweetie
    Enjoy WOYWW and have a great week
    Hugs Ria #43

    ReplyDelete
  9. looks like it's going to be a great space.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm now beyond jealous! I would love a space for nothing but my fabrics. You are so blessed.

    Glad you will soon be on the mend. Here's to better days. Happy WOYWW from #1.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's really coming together now, I'm getting excited and it isn't even my room. You have plenty of lights there, that's what annoys me about my room, it was set up for a business so just a few lights. Wish I could have more lights in and daylight ones. I can't do anything at night in here. I love the little fold up seat in your mum's shower. Wouldn't mind one of those myself.
    Have a great week and maybe you will be in for next week.
    Von #13

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful thing it is to have proper lighting in an art room! Looks like your project is coming together nicely. :-)

    Happy Woyww,

    Sandy #17

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wayhey! nearly there, Shoshi!!!
    Margaret #69

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looking Great Shosi, and I just read about your hospital appointment, it does all sound nasty, but thankfully you have a diagnosis and it is able to be controlled with medication. I hope you are feeling better soon and I can just imagine the doctors face when you told him you could use the pictures in your art......lol, too funny. Happy WOYWW! Danie (a very late #133)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I couldn't do a woywww this week as we were away dog/house sitting,looks like lots have been going on over in your lovely new crafty space!
    ((Lyn))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They are much appreciated. Spammers, please be aware that I read and moderate ALL comments, and yours will be deleted before publication, so please don't bother!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...