Wednesday 8 October 2014

Seashell Masterboard

I have finished the yellow-coloured masterboard. This started out as a blotting off page from my first masterboard. It had some residual clear embossing on it, mostly at one end. I inked it with various shades of yellow distress inks – I forgot to take any photos or take notes as to exactly what I did. I sprinkled it with some water and blotted it off to create lighter spots.

01 Distress Stain Splats

After this, I used my Broken China distress stain to create splats over some of the circles created by the clear embossing resist – most of the embossing had been ironed off onto another sheet.

I have two stamp sets of seashells and decided to use some of these to decorate the masterboard.

02 Deep Red Shell Stamp Set

03 7 Gypsies Shell Stamp Set

At the junction of the resist circles I stamped using Ryn’s water droplets stamp, using Broken China distress ink, and then stamped some starfish using Watering Can archival ink (one of Wendy Vecchi’s designer colours).

Droplets Stamp by Ryn

Using the Watering Can archival ink again, I stamped the shells randomly over the sheet, making sure some of them went over the edges.

05 Shell Stamping

I added a bit of dimension by inking with Rusty Hinge distress ink in patches.

06 Rusty Hinge Distress Ink

Here is a picture of the left-hand end of the masterboard, with the blue circles.

07 Left Hand End

At this point I took a photo of what I considered to be the finished masterboard:

08 Finished Masterboard

but then decided to add a bit of stencilling through a piece of sequin waste, using Brushed Corduroy distress ink.

09 Distress Ink through Sequin Waste

This masterboard will be useful for seaside themes. I love the soft grey of the Watering Can archival ink against the yellows.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They are much appreciated. Spammers, please be aware that I read and moderate ALL comments, and yours will be deleted before publication, so please don't bother!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...