Wednesday 22 October 2014

WOYWW 281 and News about Beatrice

For information about how to join in the fun, please click on the WOYWW logo in my sidebar, which will take you to our hostess Julia’s blog.

As usual, I am between projects again this week, but at least there is the remnant of the previous one still on the desk.

WOYWW 281

My most recent project should be of particular interest to our own Bridget Larsen! I have made her wonderful cold remedy and given some to our neighbour, and the project on my desk is all about the decorative tag I made to tie round the neck of the jar. Here’s the finished project:

08 Finished Gift

You can read all about it here.  I duplicated some of the elements of the tag, and it is these that you can see on my desk. In case you don’t recognise it, the blue thing on the left is my little hand-embossing tool.

During the past week I completed a project that I worked on for three days. Unfortunately I can’t show you this yet because it is for someone who might just have a look at my blog, but all will be revealed in a day or two. You can catch a sneak peek under the piece of yellow card, through the lemon-shaped hole I cut! I covered the rest of it with a couple of ink pads, and the lid of my blending tools box (recycled ice cream carton!).

The stamped image is from the Stampotique Large Bee stamp. I am hoping to get the Medium Bee (which comes with an additional, tiny bee) – I use bees quite a bit, especially now I’ve got the Stampin’ Up Six Sided Sampler set which can be used to represent honeycomb. I also have a Fiskar’s Texture Plate with a honeycomb design which I used for the cold remedy project, and extensively in my Beehive Explosion Box back in 2010.

For those following my felt-making antics, last week’s class dealt with needle felting. I started working on my original felt piece which resembles a field of poppies, adding definition and detail:

02 Poppy Centres and Petals

Later on I completed the poppies I’d made in the previous class, making them up into a hair clip, and covering the untidy back with needle felting.

12 Finished Hair Clip

11 Nice Neat Back

This week’s class is the final one in the course. I have signed up for another module in February (another 5-week course) which deals with more advanced techniques. Meanwhile, there is the possibility that I might join another 5-week course beginning in November, same time, same place, this time on soap making, something else I have been keen to try! Watch this space.

Last week you may remember I wrote about the mini-misters I ordered from Ampulla. They have arrived, and look brilliant, but I haven’t had a chance to try them out yet.  Busy with projects, other commitments, and on Saturday spent the whole day crashed out on the recliner feeling really poorly – hardly stirred all day.

News about Beatrice, our older cat: after being given a clean bill of health for the first time for ages, she has unfortunately again gone down with a urinary tract infection – it came on really suddenly and we were aware of her struggling this morning, and passing some blood, so my hubby took her straight to the vet, who gave her an anti-inflammatory injection and put her back on antibiotics.  There is a supplement we have been giving her on the vet’s recommendation (based on the magic substance found in cranberries which has such a beneficial effect on the bladder wall and helps prevent infections) but unfortunately she is intolerant to it and it induces vomiting. She has a very delicate digestive system and has to be on a special diet, and this is a setback in the management of her recurrent bladder infections. She carries little enough weight as it is, and if she is not keeping her food down she loses weight alarmingly and fast. We are trying to feed her little and often so that she is able to keep the food down, and can gain weight again. Meanwhile, she is her usual affectionate and characterful self, and the vets all love her as she’s so sweet and well-behaved!

Beatrice Under the Duvet 26-11-03

18 comments:

  1. Oh Shoshi, I am so upset to hear this about Beatrice. I do hope she starts to pick up soon. Give her a cuddle or a gentle pat from me.
    Love your needlefelting - what a great project that is.
    Take care
    Hugs, Neet 34 xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shoshi, I blogged about the misters too this week, lol. Gorgeous tag to go with the pot. I have that embossing tool too, first time I've seen it anywhere else. Poor Beatrice, I hope you manage to get on top of her problems soon.Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #28 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your felting is really looking wonderful. Wish my arthritis would allow me to wet felt....I have to be satisfied with just needle felting [dumfing].
    Your little cat certainly sounds to be having lots of care and attention needed to keep her well. Give her a cuddle from me.
    Hugs,
    Annie x # 31

    ReplyDelete
  4. The honey pot & tag look great . The felting is a work of art as well . Happy woyww Jill #29

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww poor Beatrice she looks so sweet. That's a lovely gift so colourful to brighten up a dull grey day. Have a lovely week Anita woyww #50

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the bee stamp or is it a stencil, and what are those double ended brushes for...? I'm very curious and love new products. Your felt flowers are gorgeous too xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your needle felted poppies, they're so beautiful. And the cold remedy is a very kind thought and you've packaged it beautifully. Glad that Beatrice is cheerful and happy despite everything.

    Hugs
    Brenda 54

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great work Shoshi. Your needle felting is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh best wishes to your pretty little cat. It's so hard to see them ill, Love your BEE tag and pretty cold remedy gift. Again I love your wooly creations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Shoshi, so sad to hear about Beatrice, and that you're feeling under the weather. I do hope you both pick up soon. Your poppy brooch and larger piece are really lovely. You are very lucky, being able to take part in those short courses. Let us know how you get on with the Nov. one. In the meantime, happy WOYWW, Chris # 3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow, Shoshi, your felt is amazing, it puts my poor attempts to shame, although I do have plans!!!!!! We have needle felted too this week and made a little robin which I really enjoyed. It's very relaxing. Ribbon embroidery next time and then nuno felting to make a scarf which I am really looking forward to. We have a 10 week course and then another 10 weeks after Xmas, so lots to look forward too.
    Sorry to hear about your poor Beatrice. I hope she is soon better.
    Hugs Lisax #37

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello!

    Your felting is perfection - so beautiful! I hope your lovely cat is soon feeling better! Wishing you a happy day!

    Hugs,

    Barbara Diane

    ReplyDelete
  13. Poor Beatrice. Been a bad week for pets in the community. Your felted poppies are grand. Peg #20

    ReplyDelete
  14. Poor catso - hope she gets better soon! Looks kinda sly under that duvet - a bit foxy, I first thought, not realising that she's actually very poorly! She's lucky to have someone like you and your hubby to look after her! zsuzsa@ InkyDinkyDoodle #45

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh poor Beatrice! I hope she gets better soon.
    That bee card/tag is gorgeous!
    I have followed all your felting classes. Is that it? Such a short course? The poppies are truly stunning.
    Thank you for letting me have a peep of your workspace.
    Have a good week
    Lisca#32

    ReplyDelete
  16. So sorry to hear about your cat, I hope they can find something to make her better. I love your bee tag, it's gorgeous as it the fabric on the jar. That felt is fabulous, you did such a great job with the poppies.
    Have a great week,
    Von #13

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh poor Beatrice! I hope she will recover soon. When mine were so sick, I tried to give them some raw minced meat with egg yolk and some tender oat flakes in tiny little portions. It usually worked.
    I love your felting project, it is beautiful!
    Hugs
    Gabriele 33

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hope Beatrice will be much better soon.

    What a lovely gift for your neighbour and thanks for sharing the link to the original recipe, I think I will be making some as Mr P is still trying to shake off a cough/cold that he got over three weeks ago.

    Your poppy brooch is so beautiful and I look forward to hearing all about your soap making course - that is something that I have always fancied having a go at.

    KraftyKaren #69

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They are much appreciated. Spammers, please be aware that I read and moderate ALL comments, and yours will be deleted before publication, so please don't bother!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...