Monday 13 October 2014

Stampin’ Up Mosaic Madness Card 2

Today I made a birthday card for a friend. This was supposed to be a simple project taking only half the afternoon, but I was having “one of those days” when everything I touched went wrong – my stamping (not brilliant at the best of times) was all over the place, and I made an inky mess all over everything… You get the picture. After all the frustrating times I’ve had recently, desperately trying to carve out some time in my ARTHaven, it’s frustrating in the extreme when I can’t do it properly when I do get there!!

Anyway… the card I originally planned refused to get made, so I ended up making something different entirely! It was still using the Stampin’ Up Mosaic Madness set, but the end result was radically different from what I’d planned.

The whole card was made from plain white cardstock and Peacock Feathers distress ink.

Here is the finished card.

01 Finished Card

Detail of the topper:

02 Topper Detail

I stamped and punched eight shapes from the cardstock which had previously been inked. These were hand-embossed from the back, using a large embossing tool onto a piece of fun foam, to give the card a bit of dimension, but this doesn’t show in the photo.

I punched eight plain white shapes and smooshed them in some distress ink spritzed with water on my craft sheet for the background petals. The centre was a flower from my Elusive Images Fantasy Floral set, stamped and then cut out with a 2-in circle punch which I had inked lightly, using an Inkylicious Ink Duster. This was matted onto a piece cut from a 2 1/4-in scalloped circle punch, and inked to a deeper shade.

I assembled the whole topper using Scotch Quick Dry adhesive – a good strong wet glue.

I folded a sheet of white A4 card in half and inked the edges with distress ink, and glued the topper down using the Scotch glue again.

The sentiment is from the Stampin’ Up Perfectly Penned set (one of my favourite sentiment stamps).

Inside the card, I inked the edges, and stamped the Fantasy Floral flower randomly around the edges, using the three different sizes of stamp (I used the large one for the front of the card), stamping them off first onto a piece of scrap paper so they wouldn’t come out too dark. They didn’t come out very evenly, I’m afraid!

03 Card Inside

I stamped the same sentiment again inside.

I inked and stamped the edges of the envelope in the same way, adding one large flower on the point of the flap. I didn’t use my new envelope board for this as the card was a standard A5 size and I have envelopes to fit in my stash.

04 Envelope Front

I made an envelope liner, decorated in the same way.

05 Envelope Lining

Here is the finished card with its envelope.

06 Card and Envelope

What a marathon, for what should have been a really simple card! I am quite pleased with the result, though. However, the ironing remains not done, and I am late starting with the evening meal. Ho hum.

1 comment:

  1. Shoshi, I love this card and envelope! So simple, yet very effective! Did you make the envelope? Just curious about the design on the inside of the flap and if you did it before you folded the envelope up (if you made the envelope). Yummy teal color can be a wonderful "mood" color, so I would imagine whomever receives this lovely card will open it with a smile! Hope you got that ironing done! LOL That's my task this evening, so I TOTALLY get where you are coming from....it will, of course, be AFTER I make a visit in my art closet! LOL Hope you are doing well today! Have sent up prayers your way! Blessings to you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They are much appreciated. Spammers, please be aware that I read and moderate ALL comments, and yours will be deleted before publication, so please don't bother!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...