Well, here we are again, back to another Wednesday where we all share what we’ve got on our desks! To join in the fun, please click on the WOYWW logo in my sidebar, which will take you to our hostess Julia’s blog, where all will be explained.
A week alternating between being busy and being too tired to do anything but lie on the recliner… Such is life for a foggy-brained M.E.-er.
At least I’ve managed to be a bit productive in a creative sense – I’ve finished my first masterboard. You can see it on top of the pile on my desk.
You can read all about it here (rather a long post, I’m afraid – it was quite a marathon to end up with the effect I wanted).
Underneath the completed masterboard are a couple more that I’m working on. I used the same sized paper to iron off the clear embossing resist, and decided to use these sheets to create further masterboards, one in green and the other in yellow. Underneath those is another sheet that I used to blot off the heat embossing on the green one – this embossing has now been on three pieces of paper! How’s that for recycling?
Last Wednesday evening I went to my first felt class, and the second is tonight. As for the piece I made last week, I still haven’t decided what I’m going to do with it but I will probably add some embroidery and turn it into a little picture of a poppy field.
Meanwhile, it has been sitting on the hall table until my hubby announced that the kitties like lying on it!! I have put it in my ARTHaven out of harm’s way, but it got me thinking that once my felt-making skills are up to it, I must make them each a cat cave.
Thursday, Friday and Saturday, and most of Sunday after church, were spent crashed out on the recliner feeling total c**p, apart from a brief burst of creativity when I made a house-moving card for my aunt who has just moved into a residential home.
For those who expressed an interest last week, I made a matching envelope for this, using my new WR Memory Keepers Envelope Punch Board, and you can read about it here, which is also the blog post about the above card. I was really pleased with how the card turned out, and more than delighted with the envelope board which really does do what it says on the tin – the first envelope board I’ve actually managed to get to grips with!
Yesterday I managed to complete my latest Youtube video, which is about a tiny Zentangle drawing on a teabag stain, made into a thank you card. I always seem to have a backlog of videos because they take such a long time to edit.
Also yesterday, my hubby, Mum and I all went to the doctor’s surgery to have blood tests! Mum’s is her weekly one to get her warfarin dose stabilised, and they also looked at the latest wound on her leg where she bashed it yet again just before she went to my sister’s. It’s not looking too good and they took a swab. My hubby’s was for his sugar levels to see if he’s managing to stave off diabetes, and mine was to check my haemoglobin to see if I need another course of iron. Results should be in by Friday. I’m also hoping they’ll change the Gaviscon I’ve been prescribed because it is so disgusting!!
This coming week, if I get time in between doing the accounts (boring) I hope to make further progress on the two masterboards, and get back to my recycled mini-album which has been neglected of late as my mojo in that department seems to have forsaken me somewhat. I have now set myself a deadline to complete it by Christmas so I’d better get a move on.
Have a great creative week, everyone, and happy WOYWW.