Wednesday 9 January 2013

WOYWW 188

After completely forgetting about WOYWW last week, I thought I’d better make an appearance this week! The whole holiday season had me out of sync and what limited routine I normally have went completely out the window.

Thank you Julia for organising another weekly nosey fest so that we can all see what everyone is doing on their work desk. A wonderful opportunity for inspiration and friendship! If anyone reading this hasn’t a clue what I’m on about, click on the WOYWW link in my sidebar which will take you to Julia’s blog and you can join in the fun.

This week it’s more a case of “What’s On Your Work Floor Wednesday” – for the past couple of days I’ve been working on some new spoke guards for my wheelchair. I’d like to get these finished by 24th Jan. when I’m going to a craft show in Exeter, and I’m feeling rather ashamed of my current, very tired and old decorations on my wheelchair!

This is a frame grab taken from the video I’m making of the process – I haven’t bothered to photograph it again for WOYWW as nothing much has changed, just a couple more layers of papier mache on the spoke guards. The video will be in several parts and I won’t upload any of it till it’s completed, but watch this space!

I’ve also been busy working on my new Zentangle album and now have the pages and ring binder to put them in. It’s looking great, and will be a lot easier to use than the old one. I have several recent posts about the ATC-sized cards I’ve done of each pattern, so I won’t put links to them all. If you have time, have a wander.

(Note: Page showing reverse side of cards with step-out instructions has been blurred for copyright reasons.)

Also, I’ve been designing my first Zentangle patterns! These are also lurking in my recent posts and you’ll find “Y-Ful Power,” “Y-Pod,” “Nemnies” and “Spawn.” “Stonewall” is on its way.

Thank you everyone for your good wishes for Rev. Ernest Bear’s surgery – I managed to complete all the work before Christmas and it ended up as part of my Christmas present to my hubby. He is so thrilled to have his precious bear back all nice and smart ready for the New Year! I’ve put new pads on all 4 paws, and also added little patches (hearts on his hands – he gives a LOT of love!) and matching patches now decorate his blue trousers, and he’s got a new pair of red braces. All his clothes have had a wash, and I think he’s looking pretty chuffed about the whole thing!

Happy WOYWW everyone, and I hope I manage to visit a few of you this week, but when I’m feeling well enough to do anything, I’ve got to crack on with my spoke guards.

21 comments:

  1. A zentangle album.... Now there's an idea. It looks really good. Need to tell my friend Gillian about that Shoshi.
    Lynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job with the bear, he looks very dapper!Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #73 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw your post about the wheel guards the other day and was very impressed. Love the bear surgery, he looks very well and recovered now.
    Carolyn #90

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't your Zentangles look great! I haven't tried any for ages. Enjoy the show in Exeter. Helen, 7

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! I can't wait to see how the spoke gaurd comes out, that will be a conversation starter for sure, good for you! I can fully understnd working a large project on the floor, I just end up working on the floor because I have covered all of my tables but not stopped to clean ha ha! thanks for the lovely comment and happy WOYWW-Lindsay #92

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rev. Ernest is looking very smart now. Well done. I was interested to rad your recent posts about your Zentangling and your wheel guards. You will definitely have the smartest chair at the show. Do enjoy your time there, and then have a good long rest! Kate x #57

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a clever Idea to decorate your wheels...I am very eager to see the result..your previous ones did not looks shabby at all! I also love the idea of Zentangle ATCs I am going to copy you if you don't mind! WOYWW Zeffy #72

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the Zentangles. I have only done a few, but it so very fun.

    I am new to WOYWW and friends with Sandee. Hope you have a chance to check out my blog and desk.
    Lori #81

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cute is he love the red patches on his bum, Your sample book is coming along nicely.
    Hope you are well and dad is settled.
    Also hoping you both have a good New year hun
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  10. He does look dapper, doesn't he?!
    Hope the spoke guards are coming along well... I've never had any and to be honest I'm not entirly sure what they are for. Is it just decorative?
    Happy WOYWW,
    Laura
    89

    p.s. I have the official Zentagle blog in my feed and a post appeared. I'm half asleep. I clicked on the picture thinking it was your blog! I love seeing all your tangles.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love Zentangle! Love your ATC's...they are wonderful! Keep up the beautiful work!
    Glenda #78

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi
    This is my first time at WOYWW and I hope you don't mind me looking around your blog while I am here.
    Ria

    ReplyDelete
  13. Second time of trying, fingers crossed. Love the look of the Reverend now he has been smartened up. Can we have a picture of the wheelchair when finished please.
    You just take care and don't do too much.
    Love
    Neet xx 11

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hiya Shoshi, thanks for your visit, I'm running a bit late visiting desks today and prob won't manage too many more - I'm caught up in swaps at the mo and don't want to miss any deadlines - so many things one can make in this craftiness thingy and not enough hours in the day - I was up at 5am today as it gets light around 4:30 and before we know it the sun is up and belting down then it's too hot to take the dogs out.

    Everyone is saying I should hang on to the sewing machine but I know in my heart I won't get much use from it - I also bought a mini one which I use for my craft. Thing is I paid absolutely heaps for it and will lose money that's for sure....oh well.

    Never done Zentangles but they sure look interesting - oh gosh something else on the books...and yes, that is my/your glue gun lurking on the desk lol. Love it still.
    Cheers, Elaine #48

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are a true dedicated crafter, altering your wheelchair! I love it, and I hope we get pictures of it too! Mr. Bear does look right spiffy now! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cant wait to see the paper mach project when it's done! Looks fun! Happy WOYWW!

    Apryl #9

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your zen tangle album is the best way yet I've seen for displaying the patterns. That way you have the patterns that you particularly like all in one place, fab idea! And well done for inventing some more...that doesn't surprise me, after all. You ARE the Queen of pattern!
    LLJ 38 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. hello, shoshi, i haven't visited for a while...
    great to see you've been busy - both on the floor and with zentangles!
    and the bear is just GORGEOUS!! i usually don't like bears in clothes, but he looks such a smart, handsome fellow :)
    Happy WOYWW and have a great week :o)
    no. 10

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sooo many wonderful designs!! No end to your talent - bravo!!!

    Happy Crafting!
    Jeannie #60

    ReplyDelete
  20. The bear is looking very pleased with himself, and so he should, because he is looking very smart. Can't wait to see the spoke guard video.
    Happy belated WOYWW!
    Tertia 17The

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They are much appreciated. Spammers, please be aware that I read and moderate ALL comments, and yours will be deleted before publication, so please don't bother!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...