Saturday 5 January 2013

Zentangle Album Continued

Over the Christmas period I was not very well, and when we were not out and about, I spent a lot of time on the recliner, catching up with Christmas TV and doing some more drawings for my Zentangle album. Working on ATC-sized cards, these are reasonably quick to do, and not too taxing as I am copying them from my original Zentangle journal which is now getting so full that it’s hard to find anything quickly.

Here are the latest designs.

Zentangles x10

Zentangles x8

Individually, so that you can see the details.

Mi2 Front

Waves Front

Finery

Finery is another self-explanatory pattern with no need for step-out instructions. When I first started, I found this one really hard to get right for some reason! Now I use it a lot as I love it.

Allium Front

Linked Front

Japonica Front

Keeko Front

Planateen is one of my absolute favourite patterns – it reminds me of Chinese roof tiles and looks really difficult to draw, but it’s actually really easy, and has a very surprising start.

Planateen Front

Nzeppel is another favourite, but I had a terrible time learning how to draw this one! I don’t know why I struggled so much because it’s really quite simple once you get the hang of it.

Nzeppel Front

Inapod Front

Purk (also a great favourite) is another one which doesn’t really require step-outs to work out how to draw it.

Purk

Punzel Front

Laced Front

Footlites Front

Coil Front

Huggins Front

Huggins is another one that looks deceptively difficult, but as long as you draw a good even dot grid, it’s very easy to do, and has loads of potential for variation and embellishment. I love this pattern.

Jeewels Front

Finally for today, this is my own design – my first one! You can read more about it here.

Y-Ful Power

I have ordered some ATC-pocket pages and a ring binder with transparent pockets on the covers for inserting my own designs, so I can start constructing my new album, which will make it a lot easier to find the designs I want.

8 comments:

  1. Very cool. and love the idea of the step outs on the back. So very organized.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Suzanne,

    LOVE the Zentangle samples! I recently started my own Zentangle journal & it's very addicting! Would you mind if I share your samples on my blog? With your link of course! Thanks for sharing :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By all means, Sara! I am flattered. Always happy to spread the good word and share our creativity! Thanks for all your kind comments. Have a browse around the rest of my blog and see the things I get up to!

      Shoshi

      Delete
    2. I'm really sorry not to have replied to your comments ages ago, Sara - not sure why I never saw them. I usually moderate all comments. Anyway, please link to anything you like.

      Shoshi

      Delete
  3. I'm sorry! I just noticed I typed Suzanne (after seeing it on the Zentangle sample) & never even asked if that was your name or if Soshi was :o( Please feel free to delete these comments if I have your name wrong. I'm so sorry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's Shoshi, I wouldn't worry about it. By the way I love your blog, very cool. A recommendation for next time though would be to show how to do them😀

      Delete
  4. Cool but can you ADD how to next Time please🌊😀

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just in case you don't get my reply on your Youtube channel Sara, I'll reply here too, in case you return. Sorry I can't put the step-outs on my blog because I've been told its against copyright, but if you visit the Tangle Patterns site (logo and link in my RH sidebar) you can find all these patterns and links to the sites of the designers, where all will be revealed. Thank you for your very kind comments about my blog, and I'm glad youy enjoyed your visit! I'd love to see what you do with your own Zentangle album. It's been a while since I've done any but I hope to rectify that soon!

    Shoshi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They are much appreciated. Spammers, please be aware that I read and moderate ALL comments, and yours will be deleted before publication, so please don't bother!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...