Wednesday 16 January 2013

WOYWW 189

What’s On Your Workdesk Wednesday? Well, I can tell you in two words what’s on mine – A Mess!!!

(In case you’re wondering what this is all about, click on the WOYWW link in my sidebar and pop over to Julia’s blog and join in the fun.)

Actually, I’ll start with the floor, which is where most of the work has taken place this week. What’s on the floor? A Mess!

Still making wheelchair spoke guards. After my initial spurt where everything seemed to be going OK, I encountered some technical problems but all is now well, and I’ve made fairly good progress, but not nearly as much as I had hoped. I had to construct them on the floor, and there is such a mess on the carpet that Wonderwoman is going to have a fit when she comes later today and has to clean it up for me!! (The carpet in my ARTHaven is awful anyway – it’s a cheap nylon one which clings onto absolutely every bit of dirt…) In this photo, you can see that I have completed the structure, and have reinforced the edges with duct tape which my hubby kindly went and bought for me.

I managed to clear the absolute tip that was on my side table so that I could actually use it to work on. What’s on it now? A Mess!

(Actually, it’s not so bad…) In this photo you can see that I am about to put the first coat of gesso onto one of the spoke guards. The rolled up piece of paper is a template I made, telling me where to put the attachment holes etc. On the cupboard door beside the computer monitor are 3 lists which I refer to often – fractions to decimals, matting measurements, paper sizes for embossing folders etc. etc.

To the left of the spoke guard is my newly completed binder for my Zentangle album. I am doing a separate post about that, but this week I’ve had a few bad days where I’ve been restricted to the recliner, but fortunately not so bad that I couldn’t do some drawing, and I’ve now completed the front cover and spine of the ring binder that I bought to make my new and better Zentangle album.

Now for the main desk. What’s on it? You’ve guessed – A Mess!!!

It’s really just a dumping ground – the messy black paper is some scratch paper that caught the mess when I did some black acrylic painting. On the right you can see my Polyfilla One Fill that I used to smooth out the surface of the spoke guards, and also the duct tape front left. I’ve dumped my scissors and Stanley knife on the right, and you can also see the plastic clips I used to hold the template down onto the spoke guard so I could mark up the holes. My posh hot glue gun is on the left.

At the moment I can’t stand my ARTHaven. It’s a total tip all the time, and I can’t get it organised properly! I think I’m feeling worse about it because of the prospect in the next 18 months of having a beautiful new, purpose built one, and I’m feeling the frustrations of my chaotic space all the more because I can see my dream ARTHaven in my mind’s eye!

Have a very happy WOYWW, everyone, and I look forward to seeing what you’ve been up to this week – if I manage to find the time to visit! I want to finish the spoke guards by next Thursday when I’m going to a craft show… (Why does Shoshi always bite off more than she can chew?)

8 comments:

  1. You are such a busy person. I'm off to look at your zentangle cover now.
    Lynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look very busy there, Shoshi. Thank goodness we can extend to the floor when we need more space!!
    Sorry to hear you've not been feeling so good but you certainly look as though you've been making good use of your down time with the beautiful zentangling you've done.
    Happy WOYWW
    Hugs Lisax #70

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your work space - it looks well used and well loved.. happy crafting..Gill x (#128)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been very busy!!

    Sorry I am a day late. Fighting the nasty flu.
    Lori #84

    ReplyDelete
  5. Embrace the mess it produces good things! a late Happy WOYWW! Nan 113

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad to know I am not the only one coping with a Mess. You have so many great things on the go. Have a good week. xx Maggie #37

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like to me you have a well loved and very busy work space there! It will be interesting to see your comments on the new space. What are you going to do with the wheelchair spoke guards? Are you going to paint a design or leave unadorned. Can't wait to see what you do. Love the wedding videos wasn't this anniversary celebration fun! Thanks for sharing and have a great week. I always enjoy your dropping by my desk and leaving comments. Vickie #43

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you have been very busy - cannot wait to see the wheelchair spoke guards all finished - I am not sharing a desk as away from home looking after my friends cattery but enjoying having a good look around everyone else's desk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They are much appreciated. Spammers, please be aware that I read and moderate ALL comments, and yours will be deleted before publication, so please don't bother!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...