Tuesday 9 June 2015

Blue Lace Boxes for Lavender Sachets

Two more boxes for my lavender sachets which I am giving to fellow chemo-ites.

13 Completed Box

These boxes are for the pale blue sachets with overlaid lace. I took one of my hubby’s paintings for the template for the first box.

01 Watercolour Paper being Cut

I didn’t want so much of the painting to show this time so I tried to cover it with a mixture of blue and white pan pastels, with limited success.

02 Colouring with Pan Pastels

Working on the outside of the boxes, I applied blue pan pastel through a doily as a stencil, and sprayed fixative on it when it was complete.

03 Stencilling Through Doily

I then distressed the edge with Stormy Sky distress ink.

04 Distressing Edges of Stencilled Lace

Working again on the inside, this time with Stormy Sky distress ink.

05 Inking the Inside

I used an ink pen to outline the outside of the box, and then applied silver embossing powder.

06 Edging the Outside

On the inside of the first box, I rubbed my Versamark pad randomly over the paper and embossed it with silver, after which I added a few random spots of turquoise Stickles glitter glue.

07 Random Embossing and Stickles Inside 1st Box

A detail of the random embossing and Stickles.

08 Detail of Random Embossing and Stickles

On the second box, I sprayed over what I had done on the inside, using Dylusions spray ink in London Blue.

09 Spraying Inside with Dylusions Ink

Over this, I drew random swirls with the glue pen and embossed with silver embossing powder, working on each flap in turn.

10 Swirl Embossing Inside Box 2

The swirl embossing completed.

11 Completed Swirl Embossing Inside Box 2

The completed boxes, together with the blue lace sachets.

12 Completed Boxes and Sachets

Completed boxes.

13 Completed Box

14 2 Completed Boxes

The first box, fully opened, showing the sachet inside.

15 Box 1 Open

The second box, partially opened, showing the swirl embossing and the sachet inside.

16 Box 2 Partially Opened

The second box, fully opened, with its sachet.

17 Box 2 Open

I think these blue and white lacy boxes are quite pretty. I had a bit of a job obliterating the watercolour painting which I couldn’t leave visible this time because it didn’t really fit with the design.

1 comment:

  1. These are so pretty . . . it's wonderful to see you having fun:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They are much appreciated. Spammers, please be aware that I read and moderate ALL comments, and yours will be deleted before publication, so please don't bother!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...