Thursday 11 June 2015

Boxes for Calico Lavender Bags Part 2 Butterflies and Bees

The second of two posts for today, continuing on the subject of the boxes I made for the calico lavender bags.

Butterflies Box

04 Butterfly Box Complete

I began by heat embossing the inside with two different butterfly stamps, using gold embossing powder.

01 Gold Embossing on Inside_thumb[2]

On the outside, I stamped using my archival inks, using small butterfly stamps, exactly as I did on the lavender sachet, and distressed the edges lightly with Vintage Photo distress ink, using an Inkylicious Ink Duster.

02 Small Butterflies Stamped and Vintage Photo DI_thumb[2]

I repeated the distressing with Vintage Photo on the inside, this time making it a bit bolder.

03 Large Gold Embossed Butterflies and Vintage Photo DI Inside_thumb[2]

The completed box.

04 Butterfly Box Complete_thumb[2]

05 Box Partially Opened with Sachet_thumb[3]

06 Box Fully Opened with Sachet_thumb[3]

07 Box Open Without Sachet_thumb[2]

 

Blue Butterfly Box

03 Box Complete, Side View[1]_thumb[1]

I really like this box – the simplicity of the design and the colour scheme.  The shape of the box lends itself quite well to single motif stamping, set off by the line around the shape of the box piece.

I began by stamping two larger, and two smaller, butterflies where they would show on the outside when the box was assembled, and went around the edge with a blue marker pen. I lightly distressed the edges with Broken China distress ink.

01 Bee Stamping on Outside[1]_thumb[1]

On the inside, I stamped with blue archival ink using my favourite swirl stamp, and repeated the outlining and distressing as for the outside.

02 Swirl Stamping and Broken China DI Inside_thumb[2]

The completed box.

03 Box Complete, Side View_thumb[3]

04 Box Complete, End View_thumb[2]

05 Box Partially Opened with Sachet_thumb[5]

06 Box Fully Opened with Sachet_thumb[5]

07 Box Fully Opened Without Sachet_thumb[2]

 

Bee Boxes

01 Gold Embossed Bees on Inside_thumb[2]

I made three of these, and began embossing with gold embossing powder on the inside, using all the bees from Stampotique Originals.

02 Gold Embossed Bees on Inside_thumb[2]

I used the small bee to stamp repeatedly all over the outside of the boxes, using sepia archival ink, and outlined the pieces with my Faber Castell Pitt artist pen (medium thickness).

03 Small Bee Stamping on Outside_thumb[2]

04 Small Bee Stamping Complete_thumb[2]

The completed boxes. I added a little doodle to the top of each box.

05 Bee Boxes Complete_thumb[2]

06 Bee Box_thumb[2]

07 Bee Box Partially Opened with Sachet_thumb[2]

08 Bee Box Fully Open with Sachet_thumb[2]

09 Box Fully Open Without Sachet_thumb[2]

These were all the boxes I completed yesterday. Here is a group photo. Smile, please!

02 Eight Boxes for Calico Bags

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They are much appreciated. Spammers, please be aware that I read and moderate ALL comments, and yours will be deleted before publication, so please don't bother!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...