Thursday 19 July 2012

Dylusions Ink Sprays–Second Session

Later on, on Tuesday afternoon, I had another short session, but didn’t have time to deal with the photos and do a post about it, and then I wasn’t well enough on Wednesday to do anything. Not so much in this session – just some different flower pieces and some useful backgrounds! Thought I’d share them anyway, because they are juicy.

This is the first spraying. The strips at the top were offcuts when I cut the watercolour paper down to size – I’d thrown them away but then rescued them because I thought they might come in useful for something!

After blotting, and spraying again, I put my decreasing circles stencil over the papers and spritzed with water, left it to stand for half a minute or so, and then blotted it off.

I placed some of my rose pieces onto the backgrounds and sprayed again, to colour them. They acted as a mask, preventing the spray reaching the background underneath.

The flowers were removed and turned over ready to be sprayed on the other side, but I placed them back on the background in a different place from before, so that the first masking would become ghosted by subsequent spraying.

Here they are, sprayed and then blotted.

Finally, with the flowers removed from the background.

What I like about this technique is that the flowers created on the background by the first spraying are overlaid with more spraying when the flowers are moved, giving a ghosting effect which is quite subtle. As well as creating an interesting background, one is left with a number of useful flower pieces, coloured in subtle, co-ordinating shades, ready to be made up into 3-D flowers for embellishing other projects.

The next project is to make up the flowers ready for the swap with Judy. Watch this space!

11 comments:

  1. Hi Shoshi,

    Very cool. Thanks for sharing your technique!

    Hugs,
    kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is fascinating. I've got some sprays and might manage to find time to play, Whoosh, that was the cat diving for cover - really weird as we don't have a cat :( Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could sell sheets of paper in your shop! They are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for your lovely comment on my blog, jenx 149

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Shoshi, the effect of spraying over the flowers is wonderful. Thanks for sharing how you do it.... I continually spray over scrap paper and then throw it out. You see I am a nincompoop! Have a lovely week.
    Sandra @31

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Shoshi, I think the ghosting technique is one of my favourites and you have done it so well. Love how you are left with gorgeous flowers for another project too. Crafty hugs, Anne x PS - hope you are feeling a bit better today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you did these papers. Now I know why I need to get these sprays! Thanks for sharing the details.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry - can't seem to access your blog to reply there, Nelda, so I hope you see this. Thanks so much! I think Ranger ought to start paying me commission lol - the amount of people who now want to get these inks!!

      Delete
  8. Shoshi, really neat technique! Thanks for sharing...

    I have just nominated you for the versatile blogger award. Just a simple recognition of how much I enjoy visiting your blog. http://mindovermattercreations.blogspot.com/2012/07/the-versatile-blogger-award.html

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Completely beautiful colours Shoshi! :D I bet you had lots of fun playing and spraying :0)
    Congrats on the award - most deserved :0)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They are much appreciated. Spammers, please be aware that I read and moderate ALL comments, and yours will be deleted before publication, so please don't bother!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...