Saturday 21 July 2012

Flowers with Dylusions Ink Sprays–More from the Flower Factory

I have now made up some flowers from the papers coloured with my new Dylusions Ink Sprays. Using the flowers as masks over a background while spraying them proved a good idea as I ended up with some very pretty backgrounds.

Using flower shape svg files from Penny Duncan (thank you Penny!), I created two types of flowers.

The roses are created from 5 different separate pieces (seen in the columns laid out in the above picture) – some of these pieces have slots in them, some have different sized holes and one is solid – they have to be assembled in the correct order and secured with hot glue. Before assembly, though, they have to be coloured and hand-embossed. It sounds a lot of work, but once you start assembling them, they make up pretty quickly, and are great fun to do.

I love how the different colours in the background have created such varied colours in the flowers and given them a feel of dimension that plain-coloured ones lack.

Here’s a close-up shot showing the detail of the roses. I have found that watercolour paper is best for making these flowers because it stands up well to being wet, and it also moulds well.

The other set of flowers are made up from a single piece, with the optional addition of a tiny flower shape in the centre of each. These were embellished with a tiny amount of Stickles glitter glue in the centre of each one, and some perfect pearls painted onto the petals from my newly-created Perfect Pearls palette – as usual, you don’t get the full shimmery effect in the photo.

Here is the card that I made for Redanne for her birthday, from one of the backgrounds and some of the flowers (these particular ones don’t have Perfect Pearls on them because I only thought of it after I’d sent her card off!)

You can see how the flower shapes were used as a mask when creating the background. Here’s a detail of the flowers.

The background was matted and layered onto gold mirror card, and then mounted on a plain white base card which was coloured with Dusty Concord Distress Ink, applied with an Inkylicious Ink Duster. The sentiment, created in the same way, was heat-embossed in gold from a “Happy Birthday” stamp that I have. This doesn’t show up too well in the photo, I’m afraid.

I am pleased to report that Anne really likes her card!

9 comments:

  1. Those roses are quite beautiful, and your inks certainly give them an extra punch. The other flowers are lovely too. I do like the effect of adding a little bit of mica by paints or sprays.
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like my card? I loved it and it looks much lovlier in real life, in fact the flowers are gorgeous. I love your roses Shoshi, yes it does sound like a lot of work but it is soooo worth it for the end result - wow! Crafty hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shoshi, these flowers are FABULOUS!!I have to get some water colour paper and have a go.Great backgrounds came from this too!!wow!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The flowers are just GORjuss Shoshi and Annes' card has turned out absolutely beautifully - stunning colours! And those roses!! WoW! Are they for your stash or do you have a project in mind for them? :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These flowers are stunning- I really must do more cutting!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow these are fabulous, lovely to see the finished card too
    janet #68

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so so pretty Shoshi.....her dyes are very vibrant for sure!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, those flowers are stunning Shoshi - they are just gorgeous on Anne's card and I am in love with the roses - so beautiful. You certainly have been busy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Shoshi, your flowers turned out great! I especially like the roses :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They are much appreciated. Spammers, please be aware that I read and moderate ALL comments, and yours will be deleted before publication, so please don't bother!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...